Windows 10: Backing Up Files

Discus and support Backing Up Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have set up the backup feature in settings to an external hard drive via Expansion D. It states that files have been backed up to FileHistory but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike.Hussey3, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Backing Up Files

I have set up the backup feature in settings to an external hard drive via Expansion D. It states that files have been backed up to FileHistory but when I check it contains no files. What am I doing wrong?

:)

Mike.Hussey3, Feb 29, 2020

2. File Explorer no back and forward

Hi,

It seems that some system files are corrupted. We suggest performing SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt(Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Feb 29, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Backing Up Files [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. Backing Up Files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Backing Up Files

1. Backing Up Files - Similar Threads - Backing Files

2. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  3. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  4. I have files inside of my One Drive folder on my pc, they are NOT backed up and will never...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have files inside of my One Drive folder on my pc, they are NOT backed up and will never...: Hi,My files got thrown into a very unfortunate situation after an update of Windows 10 came around some number of months ago. It was an absolute nightmare and I have since turned off one drive after accidentally enabling it during said update.My files vanished from my folders...
  5. I have files inside of my One Drive folder on my pc, they are NOT backed up and will never...

I have files inside of my One Drive folder on my pc, they are NOT backed up and will never...: Hi,My files got thrown into a very unfortunate situation after an update of Windows 10 came around some number of months ago. It was an absolute nightmare and I have since turned off one drive after accidentally enabling it during said update.My files vanished from my folders...
  6. I have files inside of my One Drive folder on my pc, they are NOT backed up and will never...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up: I have a file that is stuck in syncing statusI've tried a half dozen remedies proposed on line. Some of the many fixes I found just didn't work. It is my home system, so "contacting my system administrator" isn't an option.I even disabled onedrive and it is still showing that...
  8. File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up

File is stuck on Onedrive sync and I cannot copy or back it up: I have a file that is stuck in syncing statusI've tried a half dozen remedies proposed on line. Some of the many fixes I found just didn't work. It is my home system, so "contacting my system administrator" isn't an option.I even disabled onedrive and it is still showing that...
  9. How do I STOP OneDrive from putting already synced/backed-up files back to my phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I STOP OneDrive from putting already synced/backed-up files back to my phone?: I understand that I can select photos/videos/files that I want uploaded/backed up to OneDrive. However, when I delete files on my Android phone to free up space, OneDrive puts them all back. Happens all the time, and it is driving me crazy. How do I stop OneDrive from doing...
  10. Factory reset itself and bought all file back after i restart my pc 2 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset itself and bought all file back after i restart my pc 2 times: idk how it happened but im just curious why my files got away and came back after i turned it on after committing 2 restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-itself-and-bought-all-file-back/dd391c99-af15-4c88-a8f5-302e22fb861f