Windows 10: Backing up from multiple drives in PC

Discus and support Backing up from multiple drives in PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three drives in my PC: two SSD and one hard. OneDrive, of which I am a new user, is backing up only from the first and smallest of these. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnPreslandMeres, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Backing up from multiple drives in PC

I have three drives in my PC: two SSD and one hard. OneDrive, of which I am a new user, is backing up only from the first and smallest of these. How do I configure it to make copies of the files on the other two drives?

:)

JohnPreslandMeres, Sep 7, 2020

2. File back up to bitlockered external drive

Thanks John.

By trial and error the solution is,

• Set the file back up to the desired external USB drive, Back up using file history.
    • Run backup to completion.
    • Dismount, (Remove) the drive used.
    • Remount (Plug in) the drive used for the file back up (Steps 1&2) and encrypt using Bitlocker.
    Note you can only encrypt drives using some versions of Windows (Pro for eg not Home)

• Once the external drive has been encrypted dismount.
    • Remount the drive, go to the file back up option, Open, Settings, Backup,
      Back up using file history
    • The drive should now still be visible and has been encrypted.
    • Accessing the drive will be dependant on how it was set up in Bitlocker,
      Open with this PC, password, pin code
      etc.
    • Repeat file back up as in the first two steps.

Hope this helps someone else.

Martin Holme, Sep 7, 2020
  3. little cat, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Cos_ Win User

Backing up from multiple drives in PC

Can I back up to external hard drive and another PC on my networK

Win 10 Pro Back Up Capability.

Can I back up to multiple places?

I have an external hard drive and I am currently backing up some of my folders. Not all due to size limitation of external drive.

I have two other PC on my home network, lots of space,

Can I also back up my music to one and my pictures to the other.

When I went to back up / advanced ; it said I'd need to stop current back up to add another.

This does not seem like it should have to be.

Any suggestions, I'd need rather simple but complete steps.

Cos_, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Backing up from multiple drives in PC

1. Backing up from multiple drives in PC - Similar Threads - Backing multiple drives

2. Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.: Since both Gdrive and One Drive have limited storage - I am attempting to clean up both and move some of the storage needs onto my SAN at home. There's plenty of room on those Hard Drives.I can tell you that most items will not copy off One Drive - they all fail. If the files...
  3. Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.: Since both Gdrive and One Drive have limited storage - I am attempting to clean up both and move some of the storage needs onto my SAN at home. There's plenty of room on those Hard Drives.I can tell you that most items will not copy off One Drive - they all fail. If the files...
  4. Recover back up from an external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover back up from an external drive: Dear All,My Laptop had a problem with the screen and it needed to be changed, before taking it to the service center i backed it up on an external hard driveCan you please help me on how to recover from the hard drive?...
  5. Newbie Backing Up 2 Drives in PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Newbie Backing Up 2 Drives in PC: Hi Guys, I'm a senior with very limited knowledge about PC technical procedures, terminology etc. and could sure use some help backing up my PC so if it breaks down, I can recover everything (even the layout of all my desktop icons if possible). I have two internal drives, a...
  6. Back up drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up drive: Hi, I bought a KESU-2518 external hard drive for the purpose of moving files from my MacBook pro to my new dell XPS 13 runs windows 10. It is supposed to be compatible with both mac and windows uses EXFAT format. I didn't have any problems moving files on to it from my mac....
  7. One Drive - How to stop backing up from PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive - How to stop backing up from PC: One Drive - I have had an issue with One Drive since it was installed on my PC. Windows 10 Professional I already backup my files to an external hard drive and a cloud-based program. I don't need extra memory taking up space on my PC from OneDrive. How do I stop this?...
  8. Multiple drives clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple drives clean up: Hi, I recently changed my pc and kept the old hard drive from it for extra storage. I have; Local disc c: 8gb free of 218gb ssd System reserved D: 456mb free of 496mb all that is on this is a file $winre backup partition marker 0kb, can i delete this drive? Windows...
  9. Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive

Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive: Hi. I have a lot of photos on my laptop and use Google Drive to back them up, but this means they are saved twice on the laptop - in the original folder and the Google Drive folder using up a lot of space. I'd like to back them up to my PC. How is it best to do this? Can I...
  10. Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive

Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive: Hi. I have a lot of photos on my laptop. I currently back them up using Google Drive, but it seems that means they are all duplicated on my hard drive using up a lot of space - once in their folder and once in the Google Drive folder. I'm not sure if that's right or I'm using...