Windows 10: backing up Mozila Thunderbird

Discus and support backing up Mozila Thunderbird in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If I simply back up the Thunderbird profiles folder and it's subfolders will that be backing up everything I'll need? To restore Thunderbird do I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by amcgall, Mar 23, 2019.

1. amcgall Win User

backing up Mozila Thunderbird

If I simply back up the Thunderbird profiles folder and it's subfolders will that be backing up everything I'll need? To restore Thunderbird do I simply copy the saved profiles folder over to the newly reinstalled Thunderbird? May I also assume saving the profile folder will save the email server settings also?

:)

amcgall, Mar 23, 2019
  2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

3. pbmaster Win User
    Thunderbird problems

Right, so my gf's dad tried to back up his mail from Thunderbird to a network HDD by changing the location of the local folder for all his accounts, which is like 3 or 4. Now, none of his mail or accounts show up in Thunderbird and they aren't listed on the network drive. I was able to locate all the mail in its original location in AppData, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Any ideas would help, thanks in advance.

pbmaster, Mar 23, 2019
  4. rick22 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

yes gmail and mail.com

rick22, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. backing up Mozila Thunderbird - Similar Threads - backing Mozila Thunderbird

2. Back Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back Up: How do I switch back up off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up/b01e597e-37c2-42b6-910b-1e9d4e0225ee
  3. Back up

Back up: there is no information from Microsoft , about '' Back Up Option '' from Settings, there are all my files and I click on it it comes up as ''remove'' . what is this all about? thanks...
  4. Backing Up

Backing Up: When I click back up now, it says it has completed, but I do not find the files. Where do they go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backing-up/29f1ef37-1764-4aff-83f3-f0508a429408
  5. MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ?

in Browsers and Email
    MOZ Backup (for backing up Thunderbird eMails) ?: Hello, Tried backing up my Thunderbird eMails using MOZ Backup. Always worked just fine on my old pc running W7. Now, with W10 on new pc, I get a warning from my BitDefender Anti Virus program that there "might" be ransomware, as MOZ Baxkup is trying to modify some...
  6. Windows back up will not back up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows back up will not back up: I have tried several times to back up my computer to an external hard drive and I keep getting the error "Invalid window handle". How do I fix this so I can create a system image? 46422
  7. Back up

Back up: I have 2 laptops, both using Win 10 Can I use Win 10 backup app to enable me to back up both laptops to one external hard drive? 31923
  8. Backing Up

Backing Up: I run two separate laptops, which both run Win 10 but need separate back ups. I have a 1GB external drive, both laptops are 500GB capacity. Can I back up both to the one drive? Can I set it up so that a back up is backed up and updated when I plug in the usb cable? I...
  9. Back up

Back up: I have just done a back up in win 10 and hoped it would have gone to a portable hard disk. It appeared to do so but now I am unable to find it anywhere it the disk. wonder where it has gone. jack 20777
  10. Back up

in Windows 10 Support
    Back up: Upgraded to 10 yesterday. Love it. Anyone know a way to make a Windows 10 recovery CD? 12026