Windows 10: Backing up my Laptop O/S Windows 10 to DVD etc

Discus and support Backing up my Laptop O/S Windows 10 to DVD etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to back up my Laptop Content drivers not essential of Windows 10 to DVD/Dvd's, especially after the recent Windows massive upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paul jamesspittlehouse, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Backing up my Laptop O/S Windows 10 to DVD etc

Hi, I'm trying to back up my Laptop Content drivers not essential of Windows 10 to DVD/Dvd's, especially after the recent Windows massive upgrade download.

It's frustrating because I'm usually pretty good with computers so this post is a bit embarrassing...

Many thanks in anticipation, Paul

:)

paul jamesspittlehouse, Jun 1, 2020

2. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Backing up my Laptop O/S Windows 10 to DVD etc

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Backing up my Laptop O/S Windows 10 to DVD etc

1. Backing up my Laptop O/S Windows 10 to DVD etc - Similar Threads - Backing Laptop DVD

2. Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...: I use my Windows 7 computer whenever possible, ie, not at work.To wait 15 minutes for the Windows 7 disk to grind thru files whenever I power on or wake from sleep is ridiculous.Looking at Linux and Mac....
  3. O/S 10 Crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    O/S 10 Crash: I recently suffered an O/S 10 crash. I lost a bevy of files while in the recovery process. I was able to recover most of them with a program called "Recover-It". Unfortunately they are all in Computer Speak and I have found no way to re-convert them to English. Can anyone...
  4. transfer O S

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer O S: My dog knocked my tower down now my audio doesnt work machine is always running hot. I bought a motherboard cpu and case can I switch my hard drive and keep my O.S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-o-s/44554b34-b498-4f2c-b34f-99257c15ec07"
  5. Pop-up alerts that my Windows 10 Pro O/S is expiring soon.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pop-up alerts that my Windows 10 Pro O/S is expiring soon.: The Lenovo TinkPad laptop I've been using was acquired from my wife's former employer, which gave it to her because they considered it outdated. She feels they would have wiped it clean at that exchange and not left the O/S on it. In any event, I have been receiving MANY...
  6. back up to dvd

back up to dvd: How do I make a DVD back up for my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-to-dvd/7b90072b-19e7-4268-916b-f5d75ad26020
  7. Back up Settings etc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up Settings etc: Hi I have just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro Its taken me a while to get everything exactly how I want it - start menu, layout, etc etc Is there a way to back up my entire settings, so that in the event that I need to do a fresh install I can just load up my saved...
  8. could not back up DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    could not back up DVD: hey..upgraded to windows 10 but could not back up DVD.. Previous version of windows is windows 8.1 54157
  9. win10 o/s

win10 o/s: I made a mistake and bought win10 home oem. Can I install then upgrade to home retail. I really do not want to go to the hassle of returning for the retail disk. 66786
  10. win 10 o/s

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 o/s: Updated win 10 today. How do I find out what version I have , does not show in lower right hand corner. Last install was 10162--could this be 10240 or the pre-release of win 10? 9088