Windows 10: backing up my pc to external hard drive

Discus and support backing up my pc to external hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to back up my PC to an external hard drive, can you advise how I do it easily or manually?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karlretief, Oct 10, 2018.

1. backing up my pc to external hard drive

I want to back up my PC to an external hard drive, can you advise how I do it easily or manually?

:)

karlretief, Oct 10, 2018

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi,

Just to verify, did you mean, your back up files used to be on your external hard drive, but now it's no longer there? If this is true, kindly provide more answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did the files start to disappear?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make nay changes on the settings of your PC or hard drive prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to plug in your external drive?
    • Does your external drive shows that the space is consumed?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

backing up my pc to external hard drive

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

backing up my pc to external hard drive

1. backing up my pc to external hard drive - Similar Threads - backing external hard

2. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  3. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  4. How to transfer my back up external hard drive to new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer my back up external hard drive to new pc: I was wondering if it is possible to transfer my backed up external hard drive to a new pc I built. I want to keep all my settings, files, downloads, and drivers to the new pc....
  5. No Windows back up to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows back up to external hard drive?: I just downloaded Windows 11. I thought I would hate it but it is actually quite nice! I use an external hard drive for my back up and do not want to use OneDrive but even though I have read several instructions on how, my page does not have all that the others do? All I have...
  6. No Windows back up to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows back up to external hard drive?: I just downloaded Windows 11. I thought I would hate it but it is actually quite nice! I use an external hard drive for my back up and do not want to use OneDrive but even though I have read several instructions on how, my page does not have all that the others do? All I have...
  7. external hard drive not backing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not backing up: every time i press back up it does its backing up thingy then it says you havent backed up your drive ive tried 3 times and many different things online please help me i need to fix it before wensday cause they gonna take my computer and fix it and they might need to wipe it...
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. Want to back-up to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Want to back-up to external hard drive: This is more of a hardware-related question, so I hope it's ok to post it here. I have a hard drive that was the internal hard drive for my previous computer. I saved it since there was nothing wrong with it when my old computer died. Since it was a newer replacement for an...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...