Windows 10: backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive

Discus and support backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC running windows 10. I just purchased a WD elements 2TB hard drive. I would like to back up everything on my PC, including outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oingo7, Oct 30, 2020.

1. /u/Oingo7 Win User

backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive

I have a desktop PC running windows 10. I just purchased a WD elements 2TB hard drive. I would like to back up everything on my PC, including outlook emails, photos, music on itunes, etc. In other words, if my internal HDD crashes, I would like to get a new one and be able to restore my computer using the external drive to be exactly like my current computer. Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Oingo7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oingo7, Oct 30, 2020
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive [​IMG]

cobrasl, Oct 30, 2020
  3. WD Elements external drive

I can not open my WD Elements external drive in Windows 10, please help

EdwardOtieno, Oct 30, 2020
  4. backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive

WD Elements external drive

Hi Edward,

To assist you further, I would like to ask some questions:

• Do you get any error message?
    • How are you connecting your External Drive to your computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Click on "Hardware and Devices" from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive

1. backing up my PC using brand new WD elements external drive - Similar Threads - backing using brand

2. External hard drive WD Elements 2TB suddenly filled up and showed NTFS label

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive WD Elements 2TB suddenly filled up and showed NTFS label: I am using my External hard drive WD Elements 2TB for 3-4 years now, and yesterday I connected it to my laptop and it suddenly seems to be totally filled up and its file system label changed to NTFS. I cannot copy any new data into the drive and even if I cancel something the...
  3. External hard drive WD Elements 2TB suddenly filled up and showed NTFS label

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive WD Elements 2TB suddenly filled up and showed NTFS label: I am using my External hard drive WD Elements 2TB for 3-4 years now, and yesterday I connected it to my laptop and it suddenly seems to be totally filled up and its file system label changed to NTFS. I cannot copy any new data into the drive and even if I cancel something the...
  4. can a WD Elements external disc be used to record system images ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can a WD Elements external disc be used to record system images ?: I am replacing a WD "my Passport" disc that I used to store "system images" with a WD Elements disc. Can the WD Elements external disc be used to record "system images"?...
  5. WD External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD External Drive: Upon initializing my external drive, i got a message "request failed due to fatal device hardware error". What are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-external-drive/9ffc4c0d-9621-4b0a-9be2-eeddddb8e2fa
  6. Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

Backing up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive: Please tell me how I backup an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive. I have Windows 10.Thank you and best regards.Paul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-an-hp-pavilion-pc-to-a-wd-elements/436f7053-b2d5-4538-bd21-c8dbbf465fbe
  7. Backing up up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive

Backing up up an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive: Please tell me how I backup an HP Pavilion PC to a WD Elements backup drive. I have Windows 10.Thank you and best regards.Paul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-up-an-hp-pavilion-pc-to-a-wd-elements/436f7053-b2d5-4538-bd21-c8dbbf465fbe
  8. backing up my pc to external hard drive

backing up my pc to external hard drive: I want to back up my PC to an external hard drive, can you advise how I do it easily or manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-my-pc-to-external-hard-drive/67268df7-b95b-46be-8afd-8d2d85f87e24
  9. WD Elements

WD Elements: I have a WD Elements but have no idea whether it is a 500mb,1TB, 2TB or what ever. How do I find out please? 117424
  10. External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer: My WD Element HDD is not working after I plug it in to my WDTV unit. I tried to recover my files using PW but I'm unable recover it can anyone please help me.. How it shows in Explorer [img] but it does not appear in Disk Management [img] HDD is visible in...