Windows 10: Backing up of StartScreen

Discus and support Backing up of StartScreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1 I used to backup my Startscreen settings as follows: Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R. Step 2: Type,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Backing up of StartScreen

In Windows 8.1 I used to backup my Startscreen settings as follows:

Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R.
    Step 2: Type, "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows" and hit Enter to open
    Windows Explorer to the location of the Start screen layout files.
    Step 3: Copy the files, "appsFolder.itemdata-ms" and
    "appsfolder.itemdata-ms.bak" to your backup folder.

In Windows 10 I find in that same path location only one file:
    appsFolder.itemdata-ms.remote

I suspect this file is a sort of pointer to the real files located in
    the c:\Windows.old folder.
    Is this correct?
    How can I backup the StartScreen settings?

Is there a way to correct that?

thanks in advance, gabriël

:)

aliskander, Nov 10, 2015

2. No startscreen on Lumia 950

I recently bought a Lumia 950, I set it up, but it seems like it doesn't have a startscreen. I just get the app-list and I can't get to the startscreen in any way (swipe right or by pressing the windows button). Even after a few updates (currently running
    1703) and a few soft resets the startscreen is nowhere in sight. Is there anything I can do to get it? I never encountered this problem with any Lumia I had in my hands.

Pieter Syperda, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Lumia 620 - Live Tile and Internet Explorer

You do not need to close the browser really, just hit the start button to jump back to the startscreen.

Paul van der Heu, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Backing up of StartScreen

1. Backing up of StartScreen - Similar Threads - Backing StartScreen

2. I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...: i had microsoft account installed on my pc then i was sellinh it so i wanted to reset it. Unfortunately i deleted my files without having them moved to a drive so i deleted them. I think there could be a way to restore photos maybe by giving you my laptop information?...
  3. I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’ve done a reset to my laptop and i didnt back up my files would be there any chance to...: i had microsoft account installed on my pc then i was sellinh it so i wanted to reset it. Unfortunately i deleted my files without having them moved to a drive so i deleted them. I think there could be a way to restore photos maybe by giving you my laptop information?...
  4. Back and Restore (Windows 7) on Windows 11

Back and Restore (Windows 7) on Windows 11: Hello everyone. I am having, some trouble w/ backup of one of the two hard drives, in my Desktop-PC. C was backup'd, without any significant issues, but D is another deal. I've read a little, that may indicate a locked hard drive, however - I have never set a password on the...
  5. Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working: Everytime i select the windows key the screen goes black and the task bar doesnt have any applications and when hovering over it is constantly thinking and goes black when clicking on itHave Tried reinstalling Graphics Drivers as well as System restore points which dont work...
  6. Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working

Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working: Everytime i select the windows key the screen goes black and the task bar doesnt have any applications and when hovering over it is constantly thinking and goes black when clicking on itHave Tried reinstalling Graphics Drivers as well as System restore points which dont work...
  7. laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back: hi there i am Devansh and i am facing a serious problem in my laptop my laptop is of hp and this is creating a serious newsence because when i open my laptop it run fairly but somtime it start as a tottly new laptop without my data ad evrything gets reset but after 12 to 13...
  8. laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back

laptop get reseting again and again and after some time all the data come back: hi there i am Devansh and i am facing a serious problem in my laptop my laptop is of hp and this is creating a serious newsence because when i open my laptop it run fairly but somtime it start as a tottly new laptop without my data ad evrything gets reset but after 12 to 13...
  9. could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot

could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate you copilot into himSent by you: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate copilot into him...
  10. how do i get the win8 star screen back? the REAL win 8 startscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get the win8 star screen back? the REAL win 8 startscreen: i've used win 8, and 8.1 since day 1, and have fallen inlove with the zippiness and productivity enhancing start screen. the start menu to me is taking 35 steps back to the 90s. now that i have 10, i want that back, is there an extension or 3rd party vendor who has come up...