Windows 10: Backing up of StartScreen

Discus and support Backing up of StartScreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1 I used to backup my Startscreen settings as follows: Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R. Step 2: Type,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Backing up of StartScreen

In Windows 8.1 I used to backup my Startscreen settings as follows:

Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R.
    Step 2: Type, "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows" and hit Enter to open
    Windows Explorer to the location of the Start screen layout files.
    Step 3: Copy the files, "appsFolder.itemdata-ms" and
    "appsfolder.itemdata-ms.bak" to your backup folder.

In Windows 10 I find in that same path location only one file:
    appsFolder.itemdata-ms.remote

I suspect this file is a sort of pointer to the real files located in
    the c:\Windows.old folder.
    Is this correct?
    How can I backup the StartScreen settings?

Is there a way to correct that?

thanks in advance, gabriël

:)

aliskander, Nov 10, 2015

2. No startscreen on Lumia 950

I recently bought a Lumia 950, I set it up, but it seems like it doesn't have a startscreen. I just get the app-list and I can't get to the startscreen in any way (swipe right or by pressing the windows button). Even after a few updates (currently running
    1703) and a few soft resets the startscreen is nowhere in sight. Is there anything I can do to get it? I never encountered this problem with any Lumia I had in my hands.

Pieter Syperda, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Lumia 620 - Live Tile and Internet Explorer

You do not need to close the browser really, just hit the start button to jump back to the startscreen.

Paul van der Heu, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Backing up of StartScreen

1. Backing up of StartScreen - Similar Threads - Backing StartScreen

2. internet edge is messing up my computer want to go back it will not let me not ok

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet edge is messing up my computer want to go back it will not let me not ok: microsoft edge is messing up my computer can not get ride of it why? did not ask for this version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-edge-is-messing-up-my-computer-want-to-go/287ee85e-3571-4cc6-9337-012de562be29
  3. Why does my card information keep getting put back on my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does my card information keep getting put back on my account: I have removed my card info cause i buy microsoft store cards to pay for my items but i removed my wifes card like a week ago so it didnt try to charge my card for the gamepass and i just checked and the card was back on their quit violating my rights and keep the card...
  4. Change back from backup icon to normal folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change back from backup icon to normal folder?: [ATTACH] I accidently turned my folder "TOM" into this icon, and now I cannot access to the folder. How can can I change it back to the folder icon and access to it normally? Please help....
  5. Guest Account - is Back again...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest Account - is Back again...: I've only just noticed that a Guest account is now back again - I usually rename Guest and Administrator before disabling each and creating an alternative account with Admin rights. Has anyone else noticed this happening too ? In the meantime, I've used lusrmgr.msc to...
  6. I Can't Get My Minecraft For Windows 10 Worlds Back After accidentally Deleting It.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Get My Minecraft For Windows 10 Worlds Back After accidentally Deleting It.: Hello, I've Been Trying to Get My Minecraft Bedrock Worlds Back But I've Tried Everything. I Could Not See My Worlds In C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds I've Looked In Every Folder...
  7. when ever i turn this setting on it just turns back off when i close the window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when ever i turn this setting on it just turns back off when i close the window: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plsdntcri [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpk0p5/when_ever_i_turn_this_setting_on_it_just_turns/
  8. Returning back from safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning back from safe mode to normal mode: Hi, To remove recently added software i wanted to go safemode and i used msconfig command to do so but unfortunately i blocked at login page, instead of asking pin it asked to enter password which i forget. I tried "shift+restart" to get in safe mode with networking and...
  9. how do i get my primary account back that i removed in error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do i get my primary account back that i removed in error: i removed my primary account in error. now I cant get it back. wont let me enter it again. all I have is my alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-primary-account-back-that-i/c46b669a-e60f-4e89-948c-bfe878480656
  10. how do i get the win8 star screen back? the REAL win 8 startscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get the win8 star screen back? the REAL win 8 startscreen: i've used win 8, and 8.1 since day 1, and have fallen inlove with the zippiness and productivity enhancing start screen. the start menu to me is taking 35 steps back to the 90s. now that i have 10, i want that back, is there an extension or 3rd party vendor who has come up...