Windows 10: Backing up old files

Discus and support Backing up old files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, I have old files backed up on floppy disks and old CDs. I need to download the floppy files to my computer and then back them up to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArlineErickson, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Backing up old files

Hello All,

I have old files backed up on floppy disks and old CDs. I need to download the floppy files to my computer and then back them up to an external hard drive. I bought an external floppy drive, which is supposed to work with Windows 10.

My Questions: Am I going about this the right way?

Also, I haven't backed up anything up for a very long time. Do I need to use the File History, or is there a simpler way to back up my files? I'm so disappointed that I no longer have a CD burner.

I am so grateful for any information you can give me. Thank you in advance.

Arline

:)

ArlineErickson, Oct 17, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Oct 17, 2020
  3. File Explorer no back and forward

Hi,

It seems that some system files are corrupted. We suggest performing SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt(Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Backing up old files

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Backing up old files

1. Backing up old files - Similar Threads - Backing old files

2. Back up files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up files: there are several repeated files 'back up.....' each time I have to edit the files, is back up automatically, how stop this from happening ?I just the main file. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-files/a08a8c70-05ce-4516-914d-a7c3b2e8af5a
  3. Back up files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back up files: there are several repeated files 'back up.....' each time I have to edit the files, is back up automatically, how stop this from happening ?I just the main file. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-files/a08a8c70-05ce-4516-914d-a7c3b2e8af5a
  4. Back up files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Back Up Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back Up Files: G'day,I have been trying to find some WORD DOCUMENT FILES. I cannot find them. I have done a BACK UP some time ago. I would like to know how I could look through this back up to see if the files are there. I do not want to RESTORE them. I would like to find my old Document...
  6. Back Up Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back Up Files: G'day,I have been trying to find some WORD DOCUMENT FILES. I cannot find them. I have done a BACK UP some time ago. I would like to know how I could look through this back up to see if the files are there. I do not want to RESTORE them. I would like to find my old Document...
  7. Back Up Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Backing Up Files

Backing Up Files: I have set up the backup feature in settings to an external hard drive via Expansion D. It states that files have been backed up to FileHistory but when I check it contains no files. What am I doing wrong?...
  9. backing up files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backing up files: I want to change the drive and user that is being used on my computer. They are currently in (F) files user lat10 which is an incorrect user. I want to backup to drive (E) with Linda as the user. I also have many, many files under lat10 that were under lat101 until...
  10. back up files

back up files: cant find my back up files for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/back-up-files/007e4ca4-6dc2-4498-b5cb-dbf1507d738c