Windows 10: Backing up OS

Discus and support Backing up OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a method to backup only the windows files? Like, I don't want to backup anything else, just the OS and important system files are important in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Desperationus, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Backing up OS

Is there a method to backup only the windows files? Like, I don't want to backup anything else, just the OS and important system files are important in case something happens so that I can recover. Also, as of now, I don't have a hard drive around, so if you guys could help me backup important OS files, drivers, and anything important that you can think of on another created partition, that would. be appreciated

submitted by /u/Desperationus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Desperationus, Feb 23, 2021
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Feb 23, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Backing up OS [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• Backing up OS [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    • Backing up OS [​IMG]
    4. Click OK.
    • Backing up OS [​IMG]
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. Backing up OS

Cannot recover Windows 8 OS, error that I have not created an account

Hi,

As per the added information, I suggest that you run the command below to deactivate the administrator account and check if you will be able to roll back to the old OS that was installed prior to Windows 10.

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no

To roll back to the previous OS, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous post and after selecting
    Reset This PC select Factory Settings. This will revert your PC back to the original OS that was installed when the PC was purchased.

Note: Create the Media Creation Tool to perform the above action.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Backing up OS

1. Backing up OS - Similar Threads - Backing

2. Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?: I am running windows 10 version 4 When starting up this morning and going to my desktop overnight my short cuts and prints to desk top have disappeared. How do i get them back on the desktop. I cannot remember everything that was on there, but I do know my excel and word...
  3. I never wanted my files to be on One Drive / how can I get them back on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I never wanted my files to be on One Drive / how can I get them back on my computer: This is so invasive. I am cutting and pasting files from my external hard drive to my computer and everything is going to One Drive. I want them on my PC and not on my One Drive and I want One Drive turned off. How can I quickly download everthing from One Drive to my PC_...
  4. Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one.: i downloaded a wallpaper app called rainify and have since deleted it and all files associated. however when i try to change my background to another image it instantly reverts back to the image i had before deleting the app. (its a dynamic image). can someone help me out?...
  5. why does my computer display keep shutting off and turning back on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer display keep shutting off and turning back on?: its been doing this for the past couple days. i dont know whats going on with it. it randomly does it, and sometimes i have to restart my laptop just to get it to stop....
  6. What's the best way of backing up Windows 10 license key?

What's the best way of backing up Windows 10 license key?: I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop and I would like to create a backup of my license key. Does the .iso file (created with the Media Creation Tool) contain my license key? If not, how can I find my license key (and save it on a USB)? Also, is it possible to backup...
  7. back up

back up: how do I schedule weekly back up to an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up/8175eb76-fd57-4284-969d-b9d5f1eee424
  8. Can't choose drives to back up.

Can't choose drives to back up.: Hello MS community! I have a question regarding backing up the computer files. So I want to create a system image on my external HDD. I got a "1Tb Toshiba HDD" external drive. And my host machine running "Windows 10 Home 1909", and there I got C\D\E drives as well. When I...
  9. Easiest Way to Back One Hardrive to another

Easiest Way to Back One Hardrive to another: Anyone have a direct way to get a backup image from one drive and store it as an image file on another in case I need it in the future? I think Windows can do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there some sort of universal way to do this? I found AOMEI Backupper,...
  10. Cant get MsMpEng.exe back in programdata\microsoft\windows defender\platform\xxxxx

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant get MsMpEng.exe back in programdata\microsoft\windows defender\platform\xxxxx: I took it out and put it in platform\ for a moment for a benchmark and I cant put it back into the proper folder.. any way to get it back in/rebuild defender? I tried sfc /scannow to see if that would put it back and it didnt, and I also cant take ownership of the folder to...