Windows 10: Backing up OS

Discus and support Backing up OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a method to backup only the windows files? Like, I don't want to backup anything else, just the OS and important system files are important in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Desperationus, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Backing up OS

Is there a method to backup only the windows files? Like, I don't want to backup anything else, just the OS and important system files are important in case something happens so that I can recover. Also, as of now, I don't have a hard drive around, so if you guys could help me backup important OS files, drivers, and anything important that you can think of on another created partition, that would. be appreciated

submitted by /u/Desperationus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Desperationus, Feb 23, 2021
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Feb 23, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Backing up OS [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• Backing up OS [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    • Backing up OS [​IMG]
    4. Click OK.
    • Backing up OS [​IMG]
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. Backing up OS

Cannot recover Windows 8 OS, error that I have not created an account

Hi,

As per the added information, I suggest that you run the command below to deactivate the administrator account and check if you will be able to roll back to the old OS that was installed prior to Windows 10.

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no

To roll back to the previous OS, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous post and after selecting
    Reset This PC select Factory Settings. This will revert your PC back to the original OS that was installed when the PC was purchased.

Note: Create the Media Creation Tool to perform the above action.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Backing up OS

1. Backing up OS - Similar Threads - Backing

2. File History back up not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History back up not working: Hi, Firstly, does any one know if Windows 10 Back up File History remains a focus for the Windows team? The UI is kinda clunky to say the least. I have been trying to use Back up but haven't had any success. If I right click on FileHistory on the external drive and choose...
  3. Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?: I logged into my computer the other day and noticed everything is underlined and opens with a single click. After checking the obvious (folder options) with no success I searched for alternative answers. I have tried half a dozen registry hacks, removing recent updates,...
  4. Backing up Canon printer user preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backing up Canon printer user preferences: I hope I'm posting this in the right part of this forum, so apologies if not. I have a Canon TS8250 multi-function printer on my network and I have created quite a few custom print preferences (see uploaded acreenshot), but I can't find any way to back them up and I don't...
  5. OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't: I'm trying to set up OneDrive to continuously backup all my files and folders. Unfortunately, OneDrive does display everything "Synched?" ... [ATTACH] But, although all my folders are shown, there are no files in them ... [ATTACH] I must be doing something wrong,...
  6. Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgraded to 365 and the Calculator Displays Calc Differently; Can We Change it Back?: One of our users doesn't like the new way that his calculations are displayed and he wonders if we could change it back to how it was. These are lawyers that use the calculator to count up hours every day and they like to go back and double-check what they've included/added...
  7. My computer has gone back to the beginning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer has gone back to the beginning: [ATTACH] All my folders are still there but my taskbar apps, app icons, downloaded apps and I would assume more have just vanished. Now the date on my PC is 1/3/2021. There are only a few apps that still remain, steam is gone but the folders are still there....
  8. Can't install KB4601319 - update fails and changes are rolled back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't install KB4601319 - update fails and changes are rolled back.: One of my laptops is stuck in a failed update loop. It attempts to install KB4601319 and rolls back changes after failing. All it says is updates failed to install (or words to that effect). Then it starts over. I'll already postponed this update for as long as possible so...
  9. Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on.: Just got a 144hz monitor so I don't know if this is the issue but I have my old 60hz 1080p monitor on my right and my old vga monitor on my left. I'll have a tab on my 144hz monitor and when the PC's display turns off after not using it for a bit, it will move the tab I had...
  10. What's the full process of going back to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 after doing a factory...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's the full process of going back to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 after doing a factory...: I know this has been asked before, but the answers have been very vague. I have an extra computer that I no longer use, so I was planning on selling it. However, I bought it shortly before Windows 10 was released, and as such, a factory reset will bring it back to Windows 8.1...