Windows 10: Backing up procedure.

Discus and support Backing up procedure. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home running well I also do a regular backup of documents & pictures and video not to bothered about the music side of things.I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by menu, Jul 29, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Backing up procedure.

I have windows 10 home running well I also do a regular backup of documents & pictures and video not to bothered about the music side of things.I make backups maybe every other week and use macrium to copy c drive. as all my documents/photos are on a second internal hdd the c drive is an ssd with just the o/s.
    Now my son is nagging me that I should have aa external hdd connected to my desktop all the time then use a program to do the backups automatic at set times of the day.
    I thought yes good idea. But would it be the best option to have an external hdd connected 24/7 to the usb port??. And if that is a good idea what software would I need to do the backups, Well he said there are plenty out there.

So what do you experts think of that idea of my offspring?.*Confused
    Many thanks.

:)

2. How to back up files to incremental back up in Windows 10

Original Title[back up procedure ]

in windows 10 how to back up files to incremental back up

BrianHeronRW, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    How is it possible with HTC Windows8x phone to back-up the sms/mms to skydrive and to see them on skydrive? Thanks

It is not possible to read the backed up SMS on SkyDrive. They are only accessible to the backup/restore procedure of the phone.

Entegy, Jul 29, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Backing up procedure.

External HD in an enclosure is not desiged for 24/7 operation. There's not enough air flow to keep the HD cool and will go bad a lot sooner.

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

Backing up procedure.

1. Backing up procedure. - Similar Threads - Backing procedure

2. Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...: Almost everytime I do windows 11 or AMD graphics driver updates that require a restart windows boots and lets me log in but the desktop is unresponsive I've tried every trick in the book to get it to respond and the only fix I've found is to restart the computer in safe mode...
  3. Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...: Almost everytime I do windows 11 or AMD graphics driver updates that require a restart windows boots and lets me log in but the desktop is unresponsive I've tried every trick in the book to get it to respond and the only fix I've found is to restart the computer in safe mode...
  4. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  5. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  6. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

7. User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back: Hello,when i logged into my laptop today i noticed that my user profile file is missing from the user folder. I have tried unhiding all files in the user folder but nothing happens. If i go to the left i can see downloads, videos etc and all the files are still there.I cannot...
  8. what is the proper procedure for putting computer back to "the out of Box "state with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the proper procedure for putting computer back to "the out of Box "state with...: apps are staring to having a mind of their own. very high memory usage. the usual beginnings of a problem to be festering. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-proper-procedure-for-putting-computer/d8059208-8701-4af4-b0f2-3c88fc9ebecb
  9. what is the proper procedure for putting computer back to "the out of Box "state with...

what is the proper procedure for putting computer back to "the out of Box "state with...: apps are staring to having a mind of their own. very high memory usage. the usual beginnings of a problem to be festering. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-proper-procedure-for-putting-computer/d8059208-8701-4af4-b0f2-3c88fc9ebecb
  10. What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to a external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to a external drive: What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to an external drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-step-by-step-procedure-to-back-up-my/197aab1c-1347-4d67-8baf-d23f8724509a