Windows 10: Backing up procedure.

Discus and support Backing up procedure. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home running well I also do a regular backup of documents & pictures and video not to bothered about the music side of things.I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by menu, Jul 29, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Backing up procedure.

I have windows 10 home running well I also do a regular backup of documents & pictures and video not to bothered about the music side of things.I make backups maybe every other week and use macrium to copy c drive. as all my documents/photos are on a second internal hdd the c drive is an ssd with just the o/s.
    Now my son is nagging me that I should have aa external hdd connected to my desktop all the time then use a program to do the backups automatic at set times of the day.
    I thought yes good idea. But would it be the best option to have an external hdd connected 24/7 to the usb port??. And if that is a good idea what software would I need to do the backups, Well he said there are plenty out there.

So what do you experts think of that idea of my offspring?.*Confused
    Many thanks.

:)

2. How to back up files to incremental back up in Windows 10

Original Title[back up procedure ]

in windows 10 how to back up files to incremental back up

BrianHeronRW, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    How is it possible with HTC Windows8x phone to back-up the sms/mms to skydrive and to see them on skydrive? Thanks

It is not possible to read the backed up SMS on SkyDrive. They are only accessible to the backup/restore procedure of the phone.

Entegy, Jul 29, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Backing up procedure.

External HD in an enclosure is not desiged for 24/7 operation. There's not enough air flow to keep the HD cool and will go bad a lot sooner.

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

Backing up procedure.

1. Backing up procedure. - Similar Threads - Backing procedure

2. Everytime i change from bluetooth (Anker) speakers, or back to my headphones, i have to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everytime i change from bluetooth (Anker) speakers, or back to my headphones, i have to...: I take the time to change it manually if necessary on the task bar, to make sure the sound source I'm looking for is correct, but the game seems to not pick it up. I've always been closing the game/app and relaunch every time, I'm wondering if there isn't a more efficient...
  3. Folders keep reverting back to read only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders keep reverting back to read only in Windows 10: How do I fix the read only on drives, folders and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-keep-reverting-back-to-read-only-in/072006ef-a2fd-41c1-a2c1-74798d068a0c
  4. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  5. Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.: I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart anytime I shut down the computer the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default windows mode stays at dark however. Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting tired of having to manually set it each time....
  6. HP 9015 printer loses WiFi, can't get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 9015 printer loses WiFi, can't get it back: I need a way for my new HP 9015 AIO printer to reconnect to Wifi automatically after it goes offline. My WiFi signal fluctuates enough so that my new HP 9015 AIO printer goes offline a lot. (In the same room as the printer, there are two laptops and one desktop work that off...
  7. Windows 10 Updated to 2004, borked my PC, rolled back, now I have no internet connection....

Windows 10 Updated to 2004, borked my PC, rolled back, now I have no internet connection....: Really irritating as Microsoft was practically shoving this update in my face... submitted by /u/TheOneTheyCallWho [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj52ff/windows_10_updated_to_2004_borked_my_pc_rolled/
  8. Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back

in Windows 10 Support
    Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back: Having searched these forums, to the best of my limited ability, I can see this is a topic that has regularly surfaced over the years. I found many instances of this issue and many, many suggested fixes. However, the fixes I've tried haven't worked for me. Question is: after...
  9. I reseted my laptop so I'm back to square one. I just cancelled installing chrome because...

I reseted my laptop so I'm back to square one. I just cancelled installing chrome because...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/What_The_Buns [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj3i9n/i_reseted_my_laptop_so_im_back_to_square_one_i/
  10. What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to a external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to a external drive: What is the step by step procedure to back up my computer to an external drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-step-by-step-procedure-to-back-up-my/197aab1c-1347-4d67-8baf-d23f8724509a