Windows 10: Backing up programs to a cd

Discus and support Backing up programs to a cd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening to all. Been wondering about backing up all of the small programs that I have downloaded CCleaner for example. Would it be possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, May 26, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Backing up programs to a cd

Good evening to all.
    Been wondering about backing up all of the small programs that I have downloaded CCleaner for example.
    Would it be possible to save all those that are in my download folder to a cd/dvd disc, Is that a possibility Please.
    Many Thanks. David.

:)

dafydd, May 26, 2017

2. Back up CD

Will users who take advantage of the upgrade offer for Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 also be able to obtain recovery media?

Microsoft recently noted the following options available:

With Windows 10, you can create your own recovery media and back up the pristine state of the operating system and preinstalled software. If things go wrong and you are unable to refresh or reset your device successfully, you
    can boot the device using recovery media and reset to the prior pristine state.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/16/how-windows-10-achieves-its-compact-footprint/

You can also initiate a clean install by doing the following:

You can do a clean install a couple ways.

Press Windows key + i

Click Update and Security

Click Recovery

Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started

or

At the Sign in screen

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power icon on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Reset

Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2017
  3. FP937 Win User
    Back up CD

When I receive win 10 up date can I make a back up CD for future reference. If not how can I re-install.

FP937, May 26, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Yes it is, don't forget though that some get frequently updated though so things like Ccleaner will be out of date in a month or so.
    Personally I back them up to a drive on a PC just used for backups.

clam1952, May 26, 2017
  5. dafydd Win User
    Thank You
    What would be the best way? Drag and Drop from download folder to the cd/dvd dive with disc in of course?
    Thanks.

dafydd, May 26, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    What ever is easiest, I'd just drag the whole folder or right click send to DVD RW drive.

clam1952, May 26, 2017
  7. dafydd Win User
    Thank You Very Much. David

dafydd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Backing up programs to a cd - Similar Threads - Backing programs

2. How do I recreate those program files and paths that it takes from backed up OneDrive that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recreate those program files and paths that it takes from backed up OneDrive that...: I downloaded a program on my windows 11 system that created files and folders partially on my C drive but in OneDrive as back up. Once I realized this I searched my C drive for the same folders and files that didn't create all that it did in OneDrive for my program to...
  3. How do I recreate those program files and paths that it takes from backed up OneDrive that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recreate those program files and paths that it takes from backed up OneDrive that...: I downloaded a program on my windows 11 system that created files and folders partially on my C drive but in OneDrive as back up. Once I realized this I searched my C drive for the same folders and files that didn't create all that it did in OneDrive for my program to...
  4. In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen?: In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen? I accidentally bumped my mouse and my program Bitwarder is running because it asks to save passwords, but it has tumbled off my screen so I cannot get to it....
  5. In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen?: In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-do-i-get-my-program-that-is/89e27207-c0d1-42ca-ba25-b7d15f75d8e1
  6. In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen?

In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen?: In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-do-i-get-my-program-that-is/89e27207-c0d1-42ca-ba25-b7d15f75d8e1
  7. In Windows 10 how do I get my program that is running off the screen back on the screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My PC is stuck on the Insider Program. How do I get it out and switch back to normal?

My PC is stuck on the Insider Program. How do I get it out and switch back to normal?: Hi everyone.I'm currently using a Windows 11 22H2 Build, which is stuck on the beta channel. That makes the system crash a lot, coming up with green screens. I can't get it out of the Insider Program is that my previous main user account failed explorer.exe would crash...
  9. My PC is stuck on the Insider Program. How do I get it out and switch back to normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is stuck on the Insider Program. How do I get it out and switch back to normal?: Hi everyone.I'm currently using a Windows 11 22H2 Build, which is stuck on the beta channel. That makes the system crash a lot, coming up with green screens. I can't get it out of the Insider Program is that my previous main user account failed explorer.exe would crash...
  10. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...