Windows 10: Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?

Discus and support Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've got five hard drives in my computer: C: - a 1TB M.2 SSD D: - a data pool consisting of two 2.5" 1TB drives which contains my Steam Library S: - a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by FuturDreamz, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?

I've got five hard drives in my computer:

C: - a 1TB M.2 SSD
    D: - a data pool consisting of two 2.5" 1TB drives which contains my Steam Library
    S: - a 3.5" 1TB drive that my User data is backed up to
    E: - a 3.5" 2TB drive that I want to clone or mirror the D: drive too.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to keep the D: drives and the E: drive synced in case of drive failure (with the D: drive being the primary drives but I'm not sure of the best way to do that. It doesn't have to be constantly in sync so a 24-hour or longer job will work fine, but I'd like to avoid doing any raid wizardy because I don't have the room to break or merge nested data pools.

:)

FuturDreamz, Dec 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 28, 2019
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. David Haz Win User

Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?

W10 File History Not Backing Up Internal Secondary Drive.

We suggest that you select only the secondary drive when backing up and see if the files are copied to the drive.

Do let us know if the issue persists.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive?

1. Backing up secondary data pool to it's own Drive? - Similar Threads - Backing secondary data

2. Secondary drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary drive not showing up: I installed a secondary SSD into my Ideapad gaming 5 laptop and set it up properly but upon restart it would show up about half the time in bios but would not appear in device manager or disk management. is there any way to fix this that doesn't involve me reinstalling...
  3. Secondary drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary drive not showing up: I installed a secondary SSD into my Ideapad gaming 5 laptop and set it up properly but upon restart it would show up about half the time in bios but would not appear in device manager or disk management. is there any way to fix this that doesn't involve me reinstalling...
  4. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  5. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  6. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Backing up data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backing up data: So I'm kinda forced to update windows 10 in order to use Adobe software and upon knowing the bugs that some win10 updates cause I need to backup before applying, my question is do I only have two backup options (file history & backup and restore)? If that's the case I'm...
  8. Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive: Hello All Trying to setup Laptop finally with MS outlook, and wanted to move the Outlook data files to my secondary storage drive, to limit writes on SSD drive (128gb m.2 ssd in laptop) Is it worth the hassle of trying to get it setup properly? did same thing months back...
  9. Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted the App Data Folder on back up drive: So, I was cleaning up an old hard drive that had still be installed that had old permissions on it, so I had to go through things by hand rather than just format it. I noticed something peculiar and very distressing: when I deleted items from the app data folder on the old...
  10. Macrium not backing up my Data Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium not backing up my Data Drive: Im trying to make an image of my laptop partitions but when I open the backup image to explore it the D Data Drive is missing Below are captures of my backup screen choices as well as the capture of the partitions contained in the image file Why is the backup file not...