Windows 10: Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month

Discus and support Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Before the last update I was able to select all files - new or modified - in say the last week or last month. Now when I highlight the directory and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulReid53, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month

Before the last update I was able to select all files - new or modified - in say the last week or last month. Now when I highlight the directory and enter into the search box the option for modified since doesn't appear.

:)

PaulReid53, Sep 5, 2020

2. Back up in Windows 10 dated a month ago

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

As the initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to stop and start the File History service
    and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+R key and type services.msc.
    • Look for File History Service and select it.
    • In the left pane, select Restart the service.
    Hope this helps. Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Searching for files by date ranges rather than days weeks and months

Hi Denis,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try with the methods below and check.

Method 1:I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2:

DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month

File selection lost continuously

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

• Are you trying to access detail pane under view tab or right click on the file and select properties and details?

• What are the steps you have followed to open the details view?
    I would suggest you open the folder which contains PDF files and click on view and check details pane and check if you are able to get the details view.

Reply us back with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month

1. Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month - Similar Threads - Backing Selected Files

2. 30 Bluescreens in a week, 80 in the last 4 months, no solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Bluescreens in a week, 80 in the last 4 months, no solution.: These crashes have been happening for over a year now but would get progressively worse I can never seem to get any useful information from the Event Viewer other than what times the bluescreens happen and knowing how many times it's happened. It seems to list 146 different...
  3. 30 Bluescreens in a week, 80 in the last 4 months, no solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 Bluescreens in a week, 80 in the last 4 months, no solution.: These crashes have been happening for over a year now but would get progressively worse I can never seem to get any useful information from the Event Viewer other than what times the bluescreens happen and knowing how many times it's happened. It seems to list 146 different...
  4. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  5. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  6. File history not showing "Files last backed up on..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history not showing "Files last backed up on...": Windows 10 file history, backing up to a SanDisk usb drive on my Router. File history is working, but the comment "files last backed up on..." has disappeared. It was there until about a week ago. Files are being backed up -- I can run it and check on the backup drive...
  7. Huge stutters in the last week

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huge stutters in the last week: I recently started experiencing stuttering on my PC not only on games, but discord or even if I have all apps closed. Usually lasts a few seconds, and will get worse the longer the computer is on. I have updated all my drivers, windows is up to date, checked for viruses,...
  8. Files backed up to an external harddrive that end up with the file extension "last"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files backed up to an external harddrive that end up with the file extension "last"...: Backed up files on PC running Windows 10 to a WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive. But the files all have a file extension "last" attached to them making them unreadable. Is this a Windows issue/fix, or is it possibly caused by the software associated with the...
  9. Multiple bsod's in last month

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple bsod's in last month: Hello, I have had multiple bsod's in the last month. they seem to occur when pc is not doing anything. When im working on it it bsod's sometimes, but when i walk away it will in a matter of minutes. Attachment 61517 i hope someone can tell me what is going on, thanks in...
  10. Random BSOD for the last month

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD for the last month: Hey Guys, My PC keeps randomly BSODing mainly from DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 00000000`00000000. Have tried different GPU & RAM. Have even done a fresh install to no avail any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 75875