Windows 10: Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

Discus and support Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasonClaassen, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried the backup again and it still fails, I chose the recommended option when I was setting it up.Please help, is this why others reccomended me to use third party software? The problem is I can't find the System image if I use Windows Recovery and they keep asking me to buy the full version, so I tried the Windows 7 backup and

:)

JasonClaassen, Jul 26, 2022
  2. bgw2go Win User

Windows 10 System Image Backup fails

I have not tried this resolution because of the initial steps I listed in my question. As mentioned in my original statement, I performed a clean install of Windows 10, yet when I tried to restore the computer from a System Image Backup it failed. As I just
    got the computer up and running again with Windows 7, I didn't want to go back and try this fix as I didn't see how it would help as I originally upgraded from a Windows 7 computer that has BIOS, and upon looking at the settings, there is nothing listed about
    EFI.

bgw2go, Jul 26, 2022
  3. Windows 7 Backup Image Question

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone with knowledge of the Windows 7 backup image can help me out. I make regular, monthly backup images of my harddrive and last night I messed something up with an AVG update. I updated, was having problems with CPU usage after the update and I tried a system restore to the previous day to fix things. Well this did not fix it. So I was forced to use the backup image.

This was my first time doing so, so I wasn't entirely sure on how to do it, but it was actually pretty darn easy. I've got the computer back up and running like it used to. Have my old AVG version back and no more high CPU usage. I've run ccleaner to fix any registry errors there might be, everything is checking out just fine.

Here's my question though. At the beginning of the process, there is an option to "format the PC's hard drive and repartition disks to match the layout of the system image." This is unchecked by default and I left it unchecked. A friend of mine suggests that I redo the process and reformat. Is this necessary for my situation? I could see maybe if I had a bad virus or something of that nature. Could I have messed up the registry by not formatting? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Jul 26, 2022
  4. bamjam14 Win User

Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

Backup and Restore (Windows 7) failing on Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, my backup using (Backup and Restore (Windows 7)) has been failing. It continues to fail when it is trying to create the system image on the EFI System Partition. The error message states: "The backup was not successful.
    The error is: There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. (0x807800C5)." I have read other posts about this error, and none of them fix my issue. If I run the backup without creating a system image, the backup
    runs successful. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

bamjam14, Jul 26, 2022
Thema:

Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

1. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing - Similar Threads - Backing System Image

2. if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...: just wanted to try out something and was curious on whether this would work. i wanna reinstall windows on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-make-a-system-image-backup-on-windows-7/eea8e3bf-f22b-4f83-b623-3df79dde994e
  3. if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if I make a system image backup on Windows 7 Ultimate and restore it on Windows 7...: just wanted to try out something and was curious on whether this would work. i wanna reinstall windows on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-make-a-system-image-backup-on-windows-7/eea8e3bf-f22b-4f83-b623-3df79dde994e
  4. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  5. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  6. backup and restore system image fails

backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  7. Windows System Image backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows System Image backup failing: Win 10 Pro 1904. I run a System Image Backup via File History every week or so, and did so after installing 1904 last week. Today's run is failing. I did swap in a new nonsystem backup HDD earlier today that had been cloned previously and reestablished some drive letters (and...
  8. Back Up System Image Failed

Back Up System Image Failed: When I try to backup the System Image to an external hard drive, I get the following error: "Windows backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared file. Please retry the operation after making sure that the remote shared file is available and accessible...
  9. System image backup failed

System image backup failed: System image backup failed FIRST ATTEMPT The backup failed The operation timed-out before the shadow copy was created on the storage location (0x80780036) Additional Information: The shadow copy provider timed out \while flushing data to the volume being shadow...
  10. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...