Windows 10: Backing up the genuine windows 10 and reinstalling

Discus and support Backing up the genuine windows 10 and reinstalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to backup the genuine windows 10 installed in my machine and then format my C drive, and then re install. Please guide me on to how to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AyanSasmal, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Backing up the genuine windows 10 and reinstalling

Hi,

I want to backup the genuine windows 10 installed in my machine and then format my C drive, and then re install. Please guide me on to how to do this.

And one more doubt, how i can make my machine with windows a dual boot with a linux based os (not macos)? Any up-to-date guide?

Thanks in advance.

:)

AyanSasmal, Mar 13, 2019
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Mar 13, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Backing up the genuine windows 10 and reinstalling :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Backing up the genuine windows 10 and reinstalling

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Backing up the genuine windows 10 and reinstalling

1. Backing up the genuine windows 10 and reinstalling - Similar Threads - Backing genuine reinstalling

2. Reverting back to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting back to genuine windows: Hi..I recently bought a laptop with genuine windows 10 home OS but last night I tried to upgrade to win 10 pro with a key I got from a website and then I used the KMS to activate it. But I don't want to support pirated OS so want to revert back to my original genuine windows....
  3. Reverting back to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to genuine windows: Hi..I recently bought a laptop with genuine windows 10 home OS but last night I tried to upgrade to win 10 pro with a key I got from a website and then I used the KMS to activate it. But I don't want to support pirated OS so want to revert back to my original genuine windows....
  4. Reverting back to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Reinstalling Genuine version of Windows

Reinstalling Genuine version of Windows: I have a laptop which was bought in 2016 which came with genuine Windows Home single Language As the system is a low spec device It started lagging . I've gave it to Shop in which he installed Windows 10 professional after sometime came to know that the installed OS Is not...
  6. Reinstalling Genuine version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Genuine version of Windows: I have a laptop which was bought in 2016 which came with genuine Windows Home single Language As the system is a low spec device It started lagging . I've gave it to Shop in which he installed Windows 10 professional after sometime came to know that the installed OS Is not...
  7. Reinstalling Genuine version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reinstall windows 10 from back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows 10 from back up: I had windows 10 then i completely remove it and install linux but i want my windows back as it is i had back up everything before deleting it by backup and restore option can i recover everything as it is using that backup...
  9. How to Reinstall Genuine Version of Windows?

How to Reinstall Genuine Version of Windows?: My computer hv hardish problem and i sent to the shop, they intall a new hardish for me but not genuine windows. In this case how to recover my original windows license? My computer was bought 5 years ago and not sign of getting my key .Please help [Original Title: windows]...
  10. From Genuine to Pirated and Back to Genuine

From Genuine to Pirated and Back to Genuine: I have a laptop with Windows 7 Home Basic OEM pre-installed, it was genuine and had COA on the bottom of laptop. Accidentally, at that time I was 12 years old, so I don't know about 'crack', 'hack', software counterfeit, etc. . Thus, I thought my Windows was 'low', I want...