Windows 10: Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

Discus and support Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Does anyone know how I can back up my important information like my edited photos from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop as well as my important files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

Does anyone know how I can back up my important information like my edited photos from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop as well as my important files to OneDrive and my external hard drive at the same time automatically?

OneDrive already automatically backs up. But I don't want my files and photos backed up to my computer, as I feel it will take up disk space. I have a 1TB Hard Drive, but still I just don't want my computer to have to worry about things on the drive.

:)

Jesse Williams, Feb 26, 2019

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 26, 2019
  4. twynog Win User

Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

1. Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together. - Similar Threads - Backing OneDrive External

2. Backing up to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up to external drive: I use Windows backup and backup to external drive. It was getting full. Could that be why after last backup - backup size dropped from 570 GB to 380 GB? Otherwise backup seemed normal....
  3. Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB: when I connect the device to a usb port I get the error "unknown usb device (driver error)" I have tried to resolve the issue in device manager by installing the device and then scanning for hardware changes. This did not work. I checked Segates web site for a driver update...
  4. External Hard Drive Not Showing UP

External Hard Drive Not Showing UP: Hello, I am using a WD external hard drive to transfer files from one Windows 10 machine to others. The first machine saw the disk fine, and I added all of the data. The next two machines saw the disk fine, and I transferred all of the date. The fourth machine does not...
  5. backing up my pc to external hard drive

backing up my pc to external hard drive: I want to back up my PC to an external hard drive, can you advise how I do it easily or manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-my-pc-to-external-hard-drive/67268df7-b95b-46be-8afd-8d2d85f87e24
  6. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...
  7. connecting up to an external hard drive

connecting up to an external hard drive: I have an Acer Aspire and I want to connect up to an external hard drive but this computer dose not recognize the usb plug in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-up-to-an-external-hard-drive/0d249a3d-70be-45d8-beb3-354c0b1a564c
  8. trying to back up my laptop to an external hard drive

trying to back up my laptop to an external hard drive: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jdill\Pictures. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)). this is the message i got while trying to create a backup img to an external hard drive. what do i do ?...
  9. OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive: I enabled OneDrive on my computers. My main computer seemed to get slower and slower. I clicked on "This PC" and my internal drive was red - showing about 20 GB space where there had been close to 200 GB a short time before. My external drives - one a 1 TB WD was...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...