Windows 10: backing up win 10

Discus and support backing up win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; GREETINGS, i just made a win 10 clean install along with my drivers. i wanted to create a back of of this in my local hard drive as well as in an back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ram93, Jun 23, 2016.

1. ram93 Win User

backing up win 10

GREETINGS,
    i just made a win 10 clean install along with my drivers. i wanted to create a back of of this in my local hard drive as well as in an back up USB .The image should be such that in case of a refresh or reset , the installation +drivers both should be installed .pl also guide what same should be done if unable to boot into windows , so wanting to install windows+drivers from the same back up USB.

Thank you.

:)

ram93, Jun 23, 2016
  2. John Ado Win User

backing up emails in Win 10 and Contacts

Hi Coshlion,

It has been a while. Were you able to sort this out? The Windows 10 Mail doesn't have an option to back up its email. Check this

thread
    and see the reply of Rob Martens. It was some time ago, I'm not sure if the same location is being used though.

With regard to your Contacts, it only exports an entry with a valid contact information. If some of your contacts are from Skype, it will be excluded on the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Coshlion Win User
    backing up emails in Win 10 and Contacts

I am using Windows 10 Home version 1709 build 16299.248 and use its Mail app for emails and People for my Addresses.

Where can I find my email file(s) so that I can back them up to a memory stick?

I know they are on the Laptop somewhere as I can access them when the router is off.

From Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email I've gone to Manage to export my contacts to a .csv file but it only exports the contacts with surnames beginning with W. I've tried both the Standard and Beta versions of Outlook. What might be wrong with
    what I'm doing.

Help on these 2 problems would be very welcome.

Coshlion, Jun 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

backing up win 10

A full system image backup will do the trick and enable you to recreate your current system including all the drivers and programs - it is an exact copy of the drives and partitions on the hard disk of your laptop.

You can use the built in windows system imaging software and it will prompt you to create a recovery disk too so that you can boot from a USB or DVD drive in case of any system failure.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Alternatively there are good 3rd party tools which will do the same; Macrium Reflect is often recommended on this forum.

philc43, Jun 23, 2016
  5. ram93 Win User
    GREETINGS,

i am unclear about the system image -create in win 10 procedure
    1.Is the recovery drive created similar to custom created recovery partition like in DBAR (dell back up and recovery).
    2.how should i create the image which includes windows installation +drivers only , which can be saved in local hard disk and external USB.

ram93, Jun 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Macrium Reflect is more reliable and much more flexible.

Disk imaging creates a compressed copy of your whole partition(s) or disk as you select, or of your 'system' (C: + others). So you restore the whole of that.

The idea is then that you keep that updated by incremental or differential imaging (these create smaller images representing changes from the original). Thus you can restore your disk/partition/system to how it was on several previous dates.

The nearest to what you require is to simply keep the first image.

Don't keep these on the same hard disk. Why? Your disk may fail. With the images you can quite easily replace your disk and restore Windows.

You should aim to have a backup disk e.g. twice as large min as what you are aiming to keep backed up.
    You can also extract individual files and folders from the images.

dalchina, Jun 24, 2016
  7. ram93 Win User
    GREETINGS,
    Thank you for your assistance

ram93, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

backing up win 10

1. backing up win 10 - Similar Threads - backing

2. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  3. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  4. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back: Hello,when i logged into my laptop today i noticed that my user profile file is missing from the user folder. I have tried unhiding all files in the user folder but nothing happens. If i go to the left i can see downloads, videos etc and all the files are still there.I cannot...
  6. User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back

User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back: Hello,when i logged into my laptop today i noticed that my user profile file is missing from the user folder. I have tried unhiding all files in the user folder but nothing happens. If i go to the left i can see downloads, videos etc and all the files are still there.I cannot...
  7. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.: I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3 folders from one drive under this PC, and deleted the one-drive folder, When I deleted the OD folder, my desktop disappeared...
  8. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.: I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3 folders from one drive under this PC, and deleted the one-drive folder, When I deleted the OD folder, my desktop disappeared...
  9. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...