Windows 10: Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive

Discus and support Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to back up Windows 10 on my 32g flash drive, but I keep getting the error 'The drive is not a valid backup location' when I am creating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RCW79, Sep 18, 2019.

1. RCW79 Win User

Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive

I am trying to back up Windows 10 on my 32g flash drive, but I keep getting the error 'The drive is not a valid backup location' when I am creating a system image

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

:)

RCW79, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2019
  3. CanAm Win User
    Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

Hi all,

I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take.....

Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes Music file to the flash drive.

Correct?

CanAm, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Backing Flash Drive

2. Back up to USB Flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up to USB Flash drive: When backing up my laptop I use the Windows 7 back up procedure in control panel to create a system image to a usb hard drive. I recently advised my mate that he should do the same with his laptop so he purchased a 256gb USB flash drive. When we attempt to do the back up of...
  3. Backing up files to a USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up files to a USB flash drive: Hi I am wondering if there is a specific program that can walk me through backing up info from my computer either to a usb drive or to burn to disc? when i try to backup to a usb thumb drive or whatever you call it. it asks me to save or import to dropbox. i prefer a program...
  4. FAT32 to NTFS Flash Drive error? Flash Drive is empty after back up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FAT32 to NTFS Flash Drive error? Flash Drive is empty after back up: Hi! I am freaking out a bit.. My laptop took a tumble and the harddrive skipped (or something), leading me to have to back up my files and restart to factory settings. The blue screen lead me to the back up, but my flash drive was required to format to NTFS from FAT32 per the...
  5. backing up files using File History to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backing up files using File History to a flash drive: I have been using File History (Windows 10) to back up my files on a flash drive but am unable to verify that these files have in fact been backed up. They don't appear when I examine the contents of the flash drive using file explorer. I have not needed to recover any...
  6. How do I back-up windows 10 on a flash drive..?

How do I back-up windows 10 on a flash drive..?: How do I backup windows 10 to a flash drive...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-back-up-windows-10-on-a-flash-drive/c275f22f-a058-4fe2-af43-bd5978e01b7b
  7. Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10: Why can't I sort pictures backed up on a flash/thumb drive by date taken (it only allows date created which is not the same) using Windows 10 file explorer sort function? I can sort them when on the traditional hard drive (HDD) and or SSD on the compute but once backed up to...
  8. BACK UP PC RE-USING FLASH DRIVE

BACK UP PC RE-USING FLASH DRIVE: HOW CAN I RE-USE A FLASH DRIVE THAT IS FULL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-pc-re-using-flash-drive/0f1bf996-bb4c-4d4e-b276-415e87d81d14
  9. How to back up my windows 10 OS and files on a Flash drive.

How to back up my windows 10 OS and files on a Flash drive.: How to back up my windows 10 OS and files on a Flash drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-back-up-my-windows-10-os-and-files-on-a/80891749-b333-47a5-a217-c9444dcfadbf
  10. Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive: Hi all, I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take..... Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes...