Windows 10: Backing up with Karen's replicator= failures

Discus and support Backing up with Karen's replicator= failures in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; V.2004 I am trying out Karen's Replicator which completed with failures such as : Code: Error: Could Not Open Source File (Error 5 - Access is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chipwood, Nov 20, 2020.

1. chipwood Win User

Backing up with Karen's replicator= failures

V.2004
    I am trying out Karen's Replicator which completed with failures such as :
    Code:
    . There Are a multitude of similar items.

Please, what is the cause of this? Assuming the items are essential for the system backup, what need I do to avoid the failures?

Other failures related to files being in use, even though I commenced at log in after overnight shut down. I don't get that.

:)

chipwood, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Wayupob Win User

Karen's Replicator in Win 10

Here is my solution.

I use the Karen's Replicator program many years and I got the error "Path not found" on recently updated Windows 10.

My solution is create a folder:

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Karen's Power Tools\Replicator

YOUR_NAME is your actual Windows user name.

This folder is required by Karen's Replicator, but it could not be created automatically apparently due to the changes in Windows 10 recently.

Note that ...\AppData is a hidden folder, so you need to check the box on the show hidden item in window explorer.

Wayupob, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Karen's Replicator in Win 10

My question was really about the fact that Windows Installer tries to re-install Office (which works perfectlty in Win 10) when I try to open a totally unrelated program, Karens Replicator. This program (Replicator) also works in Win10 but I have to cancel
    Installer (trying to re-install Office) four times and then Replicator opens and works perfectly.

The issue is with Windows Installer!

Pietercape, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Backing up with Karen's replicator= failures

Karen's Replicator in Win 10

I have been using Karen's Replicator for years and it worked in Win 8.1 Pro. In Win 10 Windows Installer is activated and tries to install MS Office Professional Plus 2010 (which I have on this laptop) and if left alone comes with an error message about
    "cannot locate file". If I click the Cancel button on Installer it takes four cancel clicks and the Karen's Replicator appears and runs perfectly. I tried the compatibility tool but it does not resolve this problem. I ran SFC /scannow but it found no problems.

Why does Win 10 want to install MS Office/ How can I disable this irritation?

Pietercape, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Backing up with Karen's replicator= failures

1. Backing up with Karen's replicator= failures - Similar Threads - Backing Karen's replicator=

2. Replication problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replication problem: I have a Windows 2012 hyper-v host with 2 windows 2012 vm’s running on it. Both are replicating to a windows 2019 host. One we’ll call it A is replicating with no issues. B was replicating but suddenly stopped and now we get the error that the hyper-v replica in not...
  3. Replication problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replication problem: I have a Windows 2012 hyper-v host with 2 windows 2012 vm’s running on it. Both are replicating to a windows 2019 host. One we’ll call it A is replicating with no issues. B was replicating but suddenly stopped and now we get the error that the hyper-v replica in not...
  4. karen's directory printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    karen's directory printer: is this app safe to use with win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/karens-directory-printer/3493254b-dced-4352-9651-5ab3fdd0c6fb
  5. karen's directory printer

karen's directory printer: is this app safe to use with win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/karens-directory-printer/3493254b-dced-4352-9651-5ab3fdd0c6fb
  6. Why is Windows 11 a Karen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 a Karen: You've designed windows 11 to make older equipment obsolescent and all the TPM nonsense wont wash . Its like you've got windows 11 with built in Karen .Microsoft is the new software Karen. Full of nonsense and unreasonable...
  7. Why is Windows 11 a Karen

Why is Windows 11 a Karen: You've designed windows 11 to make older equipment obsolescent and all the TPM nonsense wont wash . Its like you've got windows 11 with built in Karen .Microsoft is the new software Karen. Full of nonsense and unreasonable...
  8. back up failure 0x8007000E in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up failure 0x8007000E in Windows 10: For several weeks I cannot make an update because of error 0x80007000E. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-failure-0x8007000e-in-windows-10/3c6a461c-be7b-4d6b-b7e7-2514a82416af
  9. VSS Shadow Failures during Backing Up Solved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VSS Shadow Failures during Backing Up Solved: Hi Gang, For what it's with I just did a Dell 3477 Win10Pro64 Fresh install and after installing the backup software (Veritas 18 sp3) I got the dreaded "not enough space to create Shadow error". After some research I discovered that at least 330MB or thereabouts of free...
  10. Karen's Replicator Error message!

Karen's Replicator Error message!: I have been using Karen's Replicator for many years and have had no problems until the last Windows update. When I replace a file because of renaming or a later update, I am getting errors that state "Could Not Delete File" with "Error 5 - Access is denied". I can go into...