Windows 10: Backlight bleed - unlucky or is it every where?

Discus and support Backlight bleed - unlucky or is it every where? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, long story short - I recently purchased two new monitors - one was an Acer 24" and one was an HP 21" - both monitors suffered from backlight bleed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by evotz, Jun 20, 2019.

1. evotz Win User

Backlight bleed - unlucky or is it every where?

So, long story short - I recently purchased two new monitors - one was an Acer 24" and one was an HP 21" - both monitors suffered from backlight bleed, that's just really made them unusable for me.

I work in Linux - I have a lot of xterms opened up at any given time and use a black background for those - perhaps that just magnifies the issue. But I'm not currently seeing the issue on this 19" LG monitor that I'm currently using.

My old 19" 4:3 monitor died earlier this year. I had...

evotz, Jun 20, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Is this backlight bleeding normal?

Yes, that is backlight bleed. Looks rather normal to be honest.

erocker, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Is this backlight bleeding too much or normal?

As someone who doesn't have backlight bleeding I find any amount to be too much.

LAN_deRf_HA, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Chewy Win User

backlight bleeding

I believe its normal did you search for online tests/downloads? I have some backlight bleeding its expected in 22" monitors, as long as its not to bad and affecting your picture than I wouldnt worry about it.

I thought I had it bad at first but upon more reviewing I found out what I had was normal.. dont have the link it was like 1000 pages long anyway and I wass on like page 30.. lol

Chewy, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Backlight bleed - unlucky or is it every where? - Similar Threads - Backlight bleed unlucky

2. Backlight bleed ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Backlight bleed ?: Hello. I've owned the MSI MAG274QRF-QD monitor for 2 years. The display is fine, no faulty pixels. When I play a video on YouTube with a black screen, I don't see any backlight bleed with my eyes. However, as soon as I take a camera and photograph a black screen, I have the...
  3. Where's the bleeding clockface gone in windows 11.? There used to be an analogue clock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's the bleeding clockface gone in windows 11.? There used to be an analogue clock...: Where's the bleeding clock face gone in windows 11.? There used to be an analogue clock face showing seconds,minutes etc. Now I've got something called focus which is irritating and useless to me....
  4. Desktop 'bleeds' into apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop 'bleeds' into apps: It doesn't show when i take a screenshot . But like half the icons bleed into the screen when i use apps , even when gaming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-bleeds-into-apps/aa4bdf05-d4c4-47b0-a91f-aa6bde8e3318
  5. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  6. Backlight Bleed

Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  7. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Backlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight: Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire Notebook A715 running window 10, as I get older and my eyesight fails I would like to have the backlight keyboard remain on while the laptop is on. If this can be done please advise me.Thank you in advance Ian @ *** Email address is removed for...
  9. Backlight

Backlight: Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire Notebook A715 running window 10, as I get older and my eyesight fails I would like to have the backlight keyboard remain on while the laptop is on. If this can be done please advise me.Thank you in advance Ian @ *** Email address is removed for...
  10. Windows update causing backlight bleeding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causing backlight bleeding: I updated a Windows circumulative update or whatever it was called and also installed the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia. In this order: 1. Nvidia updates 2. Windows updates Right after restarting to finish the Windows updates, I noticed very awful light bleeding in...