Windows 10: Backslash isn't appearing

Discus and support Backslash isn't appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So backslash is not appearing for me. If I press the key nothing happens, but the key works as when I shift press to get pipe( | ) it works perfectly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielVenter97, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Backslash isn't appearing

So backslash is not appearing for me. If I press the key nothing happens, but the key works as when I shift press to get pipe( | ) it works perfectly. Even when I use the virtual keyboard it does not allow me to input backslash.

I have also tried remapping the key to another key through Corsair's Cue software. This does not fix it either.

I have also changed the keyboard settings around between US, United States International and United Kingdom nothing changing the result.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers through device manager and then restarted the PC.

The ability to produce the backslash symbol was working fine the previous evening since I was doing some networking.

The way I have to do it now is Alt 92 which doesn't work in all applications.

:)

DanielVenter97, Oct 17, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 18, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

Backslash isn't appearing

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Backslash isn't appearing :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Backslash isn't appearing

1. Backslash isn't appearing - Similar Threads - Backslash isn't appearing

2. Backslash is randomly bound to other keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backslash is randomly bound to other keys: When I press the keys "s" and "z", it types before or after a backslash. So I thought it was a hardware problem so I cleaned my keyboard but it persists. When I press the button that controls the RGB lights on my system unit it also types a backslash so I think it might be a...
  3. A button entering backslash with a

A button entering backslash with a: Whenever I press the A button, it enters \a, and the same is for when I press \. Also, if I press shift with A or , it will enter A.I checked the keyboard troubleshooter but there is no issue with the keyboard so I don't know what to do....
  4. A button entering backslash with a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A button entering backslash with a: Whenever I press the A button, it enters \a, and the same is for when I press \. Also, if I press shift with A or , it will enter A.I checked the keyboard troubleshooter but there is no issue with the keyboard so I don't know what to do....
  5. Why does my backslash not work?

Why does my backslash not work?: All other keys work perfectly fine, but when I type with my backslash, it gives random characters from the 3rd row of a keyboard. KASDFHL\;'456GJ. It also applies CAPS LOCK. If wondering, I use a GMMK keyboard and have reset my settings several times for it....
  6. backslash doesnt work on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    backslash doesnt work on windows 10: For some reason the backslash doesn't work on my computer. The "|" does work which is on the same key. I've tried multiple keyboards but still no luck. I've also plugged in both keyboards to a different computer and the backslash key does work. For this reason I'm certain the...
  7. My brightness category isn't appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My brightness category isn't appearing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NotABeggar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8uayg/my_brightness_category_isnt_appearing/
  8. typing backslash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    typing backslash: hello , it seems that i dont have the backslash on my windows 10 keyboard , i tried the "alt+92" but it doesn't work , please can someone help me out : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-backslash/ba7810a1-0602-4645-9f00-db93892918c4
  9. Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar: I got a new update on my computer but now the search bar isn't appearing on the taskbar. I already tried using the taskbar settings too. Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?...
  10. The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113

in Browsers and Email
    The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113: I've the same problem with last Windows 10 build when installed the lastet update The KB4491113 is intended for WIndows 7 and 8.1 Microsoft updates Patch Tuesday notes with three known issues - MSPoweruser Any tips to solve? 127885