Windows 10: Backslash Key under Question mark not working

Discus and support Backslash Key under Question mark not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have an issue, my backslash key in Windows 10 is not working. And I am not sure what else I can do. Its not a hardware issue, I've ruled that out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kutaren, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Kutaren Win User

Backslash Key under Question mark not working

So I have an issue, my backslash key in Windows 10 is not working. And I am not sure what else I can do. Its not a hardware issue, I've ruled that out. Its not my keyboard, its Windows. If the virtual Keyboard in windows desktop doesn't print the "/" key then we have an issue with Windows. But the "?" key works fine by holding [shift] + [ / ] which is [ ? ]. I do not have any key remapping software so I'm not sure how this could have happened. It does however print in the Login screen. Just not in windows desktop. And I've noticed in some applications i can get the key to print using [alt] + [/]. Also the "/" key works on my numpad.

:)

Kutaren, Jun 25, 2019

2. Backslash button not working and typing backslash after the letters a and s continuously

The following are my recent observations from today:

1) My backslash button doesn’t work but after typing the letters "a" and "s", it types backslash sign continuously till backspace or any other key is pressed.

2) Also, I have noticed that if I press and hold the backslash key and then type the letters "a" and "s" then it types "a" and "s" only and not backslash signs continuously as it does when I just type "a" and "s".

I have checked the keyboard's driver, it's up to date and working fine. The sticky keys, toggle keys and mouse keys are all unticked. Also, I have restarted, shut down the computer multiple times. However, still the problem continues.

I have to either press backspace every time I type "a" and "s" OR else press and hold the backslash key first and then type "a" or "s" to get only "a" or "s". Every time I type only "a" and "s", it looks as follows:

1) a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2) s\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

3) My backs\la\s\h button does\nt work but a\\\\\fter.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I have checked the help and support section of Microsoft but there is no such exact issue mentioned there and thus unable to fix it.

Natasha Naik, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Backslash button not working and typing backslash after the letters a and s continously

The following are my recent observations from today:

1) My backslash button doesn’t work but after typing the letters "a" and "s", it types backslash sign continuously till backspace or any other key is pressed.

2) Also, I have noticed that if I press and hold the backslash key and then type the letters "a" and "s" then it types "a" and "s" only and not backslash signs continuously as it does when I just type "a" and "s".

I have checked the keyboard's driver, it's up to date and working fine. The sticky keys, toggle keys and mouse keys are all unticked. Also, I have restarted, shut down the computer multiple times. However, still the problem continues.

I have to either press backspace every time I type "a" and "s" OR else press and hold the backslash key first and then type "a" or "s" to get only "a" or "s".
    Every time I type only "a" and "s", it looks as follows:

1) a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2) s\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

3) My backs\la\s\h button does\nt work but a\\\\\fter.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I have checked the help and support section of Microsoft but there is no such exact issue mentioned there and thus unable to fix it.

Natasha Naik, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Backslash Key under Question mark not working

question mark

The question mark on my new Samsung laptop 350XAA is on the lower right corner of the w key. The w works fine but I cannot figure out how to get a shift to the question mark. I have tried using the Alt key, the Alt + Shift keys and all the Function keys
    but still no question mark. Can you help out (should be a question mark here!)

Kelly GiffordSmith, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Backslash Key under Question mark not working

1. Backslash Key under Question mark not working - Similar Threads - Backslash Key under

2. Why my backslash key doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my backslash key doesn't work?: I'm using HHKB Professional Classic keyboard. I wasn't using backslash key too often, but when I did, it was working fine. When I use it with Shift key, pipe is written correctly, so that's why I think it is not a hardware issue. First time I've noticed that was few days ago,...
  3. Why my backslash key doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my backslash key doesn't work?: I'm using HHKB Professional Classic keyboard. I wasn't using backslash key too often, but when I did, it was working fine. When I use it with Shift key, pipe is written correctly, so that's why I think it is not a hardware issue. First time I've noticed that was few days ago,...
  4. Question mark key unresponsive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question mark key unresponsive in Windows 11: My question mark key will not work. It's nothing to do with the keyboard as I have used multiple. It's nothing to do with the key itself as the '/' works fine. It's nothing to do with shift as shift works for every other key. It's nothing to do with my keyboard software as I...
  5. Question mark key unresponsive in Windows 11

Question mark key unresponsive in Windows 11: My question mark key will not work. It's nothing to do with the keyboard as I have used multiple. It's nothing to do with the key itself as the '/' works fine. It's nothing to do with shift as shift works for every other key. It's nothing to do with my keyboard software as I...
  6. Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos

Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos: As of a few hours ago, my backslash \ won't work/type on its own when pressing that solely. If I use Win + \, it types the backslash like normal. Using Shift + \ will type the normally. It's clearly not a keyboard issue considering this was working earlier today, and...
  7. Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backslash Key Won't Work Regularly, but Works With Other Key Combos: As of a few hours ago, my backslash \ won't work/type on its own when pressing that solely. If I use Win + \, it types the backslash like normal. Using Shift + \ will type the normally. It's clearly not a keyboard issue considering this was working earlier today, and...
  8. Forward slash key works but question mark is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forward slash key works but question mark is not working.: I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. Everything was working fine but from yesterday I've noticed my Question Mark key on keyboard is not working. I don't think it is a hardware problem, because Forward Slash under Question Mark key is working fine. Neither it is the problem...
  9. Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10

Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10: Received my new Lenovo Ideapad 520 laptop and started it. I see that the keys corresponding to slash & quotation are not working. Even their shift version symbols question mark and double quotes are not working. Backward slash and other keys are working fine. 1. I tried the...
  10. Keyboard Question Mark not Working

Keyboard Question Mark not Working: 127/5000 why my question mark on the keyboard is not working when i press that shift but when i slash it ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-question-mark-not-working/d612e4a2-d539-4e35-b610-f04ef52cd016

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backslash key not working windows 10

2. windows 10 backslash not working

3. usb keyboard backslash n question mark button not working

4. question mark key not working,
  5. backslash not working windows 10,
  6. 14-ck0598sa back slash key working as ctrl key,
  7. forward slash key,
  8. the question mark and slash wont work on my keyboard,
  9. windows slash key crashes apps