Windows 10: Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, my keyboard and computer (desktop, not a laptop), have been working fine for as long as I can remember, but out of nowhere, starting like 2 and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hermes M, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Hermes M Win User

Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

So, my keyboard and computer (desktop, not a laptop), have been working fine for as long as I can remember, but out of nowhere, starting like 2 and a half hours ago, my keyboard's backspace and enter keys have completely ceased any and all kinds of functionality.

First I tried:

-Restarting my computer, didn't work;

-Plugging a different keyboard, didn't work;

-Plugging THIS keyboard on another machine, it worked just fine;

-Running a Scan for viruses, found nothing.

Looked around on the internet, on forums, even on questions posted here, found some suggestions, tried the following:

-To unmark the filter and sticky keys options, which were already unmarked;

-To run keyboard troubleshooting, to no avail;

-To update my keyboard's drives, they were all up to date;

-To check if there was any Windows update that I had not seen, there was, updated it, didn't work;

-And finally, uninstalling my keyboard driver and restarting the computer so it would reinstall it, also didn't work.

So I'd like to ask if there's anything else I could possibly do to fix this, before having to do something like formatting the machine, which I'd rather not do, cause at the moment I'm having to use < + Delete to do backspace's job and the Numpad Enter key, which works just fine.

:)

Hermes M, Jan 8, 2019

2. Enter, Backspace , Arrow keys not working

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

EXACT PROBLEM : All keys of my Standard PS/2 keyboard were working properly. But suddenly the 'ENTER', 'BACKSPACE', The arrow keys, 'PgUp', 'END', 'HOME' and some others have stopped working.

I tried all the above methods but none of them worked.

Hope a helpful reply.

KAUSTUBH KEJRIWAL, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Backspace Key not working

I have this issue with Edge and only Edge. I will often lose the backspace functionality when typing an e-mail into an OWA window. If I mouse click on the window, suddenly my backspace works until the next time I need it. Very annoying.

DeaconFrost, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

Backspace and Enter not working

Hi Chriso,

Ive tried uinstalling the keyboard from device manager twice now and sadly it hasnt helped. As you will probably notice now, my apostrophe button wasnt working either so i can rule out that the buttons are worn becuase i have never used the apostrophe button
    anymore than the enter and backspace.

Also can i note, this problem has existed for some time, however before, the enter and backspace would start working after about half an hour of use so i dismissed it but now its still not working.

I appreciate your help but I havent found the solution yet

Mohammed70011, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

1. Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Backspace Enter suddenly

2. backspace and enter key don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  3. backspace and enter key don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backspace and enter key don't work: Hi, the backspace key and the enter key on my laptop don't work all the time. They work periodically but I don't know what to do. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-and-enter-key-dont-work/1b7cbf95-0eef-45fc-82bd-2de4ab3a0540
  4. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  5. Backspace and enter key not working

Backspace and enter key not working: I was playing games with my friends, and I was trying to say something in chat when suddenly the enter key won't work. I was trying to tell my friends that my backspace and enter keys won't work. So I searched on youtube on how to fix this problem, but none of those work,...
  6. Backspace and enter key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11: Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11 on my laptop. I have tried to reinstall my keyboard driver, I reinstalled windows and I have already turned off my stickey keys. Nothing is working. Please advise....
  8. Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11

Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11: Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11 on my laptop. I have tried to reinstall my keyboard driver, I reinstalled windows and I have already turned off my stickey keys. Nothing is working. Please advise....
  9. Enter and Backspace sometimes don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Enter and Backspace sometimes don't work: Hi everyone, for the past few months my enter and backspace keys sometimes don't work. I am running Windows 1909 on a Dell G7. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting, but I have not tried completely reinstalling windows as I have been really busy using my...
  10. Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden: Hi!, Two days ago the Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work on my laptop when I'm about to use it. I didn't make any impacts or damage to the laptop's keyboard. I even tried disabling the Sticky Keys and other options from the Ease of Access (Keyboard) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backspace stopped working

2. edge backspace stopped working

3. why did my backsapce stop working

4. WHILE WORKING SUDDENLY MY BACKSPACE STOPS AND SPACEBAR,
  5. why has my computer stopped backspace,
  6. backspace key not working in edge,
  7. enter an backspace key not working during windows boot,
  8. backspace suddenly not working,
  9. keyboard backspace and arrows stopped working,
  10. edge backspace does nothing,
  11. why did my backspace key stop working in my browser,