Windows 10: Backspace button

Discus and support Backspace button in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I press the backspace button, anything on either side starts to delete as it would normally. So if I have to correct something and I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaddieNewman, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Backspace button

When I press the backspace button, anything on either side starts to delete as it would normally. So if I have to correct something and I press backspace it deletes a letter to the left and the right each time I press it

:)

MaddieNewman, Mar 8, 2019
  2. TOOGAM Win User

Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, Mar 8, 2019
  3. backspace speed

My backspace only erases one character at a time. Answers on this forum indicated that by going to control panel - keyboard there is a setting. Not on mine. I can change speed of typing but no word of backspace. I changed the typing speed but it has no
    effect on backspace. Another suggested it is in filters. I can not find any filters. A search for filters did not find anything.

heisserman, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Backspace button

Holding down the backspace is much slower than usual

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask few questions:

• Does the issue persist when you press Backspace key in all programs?
    • Does the issue persist with other keys on the keyboard?

Step 1: It may be due to the reason that the PC is infected with
    Virus/Malware. I suggest you to run the anti-virus software that is installed on your PC and check if the issue is resolved

Step 2: If the issue persist, run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Backspace button

1. Backspace button - Similar Threads - Backspace button

2. My backspace button won't continuously delete. I have to keep tapping. How do I get it so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My backspace button won't continuously delete. I have to keep tapping. How do I get it so...: My backspace button won't continuously delete. I have to repeatedly tap it. How do I get it so I can simply hold it down and it rapidly deletes?...
  3. My backspace button won't continuously delete. I have to keep tapping. How do I get it so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My backspace button won't continuously delete. I have to keep tapping. How do I get it so...: My backspace button won't continuously delete. I have to repeatedly tap it. How do I get it so I can simply hold it down and it rapidly deletes?...
  4. backspace button is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace button is malfunctioning: my backspace button is deleting everything from the right side of the cursor whenever I try to press it. this usually happens in word, but not in browsers nor notepad. I noticed that this also occurred once while I was using outlook. please help. the on screen keyboard works...
  5. backspace button is malfunctioning

backspace button is malfunctioning: my backspace button is deleting everything from the right side of the cursor whenever I try to press it. this usually happens in word, but not in browsers nor notepad. I noticed that this also occurred once while I was using outlook. please help. the on screen keyboard works...
  6. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  7. backspace button taking screenshots

backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  8. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. my backspace button and volume up button isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    my backspace button and volume up button isn't working properly: while deleting a line which consist of 50 words i need to use backspace button at least 50 times. can anyone help me out of this so i can delete a line of words at once...
  10. My backspace key keeps deleting until I press another button.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My backspace key keeps deleting until I press another button.: Whenever I press the backspace key it keeps deleting until I press another key. I'm on PC and the problem was there before I updated my laptop but it's 10x worse and happens pretty much every time since I updated it last night....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. work around with backspace not working

2. when i press backspace type 123