Windows 10: Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere.

Discus and support Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As title says, regardless of application, I'm experiencing this issue seemingly permanently. Up until a few days ago a single Backspace tap would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lawesome94, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere.

As title says, regardless of application, I'm experiencing this issue seemingly permanently. Up until a few days ago a single Backspace tap would delete one character, now pressing it once will delete entire collections of letters AND a "space" i.e. "-WORD" or "WORD-". I spoke with Microsoft Support and they deemed it as a hardware issue, but idk why that would be the case. I'm desperate for any answers here, as I'm not great at identifying or solving these system-wide types of issues. Thanks!

submitted by /u/lawesome94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lawesome94, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Ryan_ohm Win User

Backspace deleting whole words instead of 1 letter.

I've had this issue for about a year now. And it comes and goes..

I have a razer ornate chroma keyboard.

And when i press backspace it deletes the whole word instead of just 1 letter.

I've tried all i can do and research but ive come up with nothing.

pressing ctrl or pause break or pressing them all together doesnt seem to fix or unstick the ctrl keys.

ive tried reinstalling my keyboard drivers as well.

when i go to my on screen keyboard and i press backspace i can see that it is also pressing down both ctrl keys with it.

What can i do?

Ryan_ohm, Aug 1, 2020
  3. ifconfig Win User
    Make Ctrl+Backspace delete previous word in Windows Explorer

I love how in text editors and internet browsers the Ctrl+Backspace hotkey will delete the previous word typed. It is a feature I use a lot. However, I keep accidentally trying to use it in Windows Explorer, where it just does this:

Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere. 6qJ84.png

It adds a little rectangular character instead of deleting the previous word. Is there any way I can make Windows Explorer accept the Ctrl+Backspace like I want it to?

I saw this Superuser question, but the solution involved the use of AutoHotkey, something I would like to avoid using.

ifconfig, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere.

Backspace navigates instead of deleting files

I am getting very frustrated by this, but I can't find any settings that seem to be responsible.

When I am looking in a folder and try to delete a file, I select the file and press "backspace" but instead of deleting the file I navigate to the folder above the one I'm in.

How do I change it so that backspace actually deletes the file, like how it works on every windows computer I've used for the last twenty years?

Caleb Child, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere.

1. Backspace is deleting entire words instead of individual spaces. Cant ID the problem anywhere. - Similar Threads - Backspace deleting entire

2. My backspace is not working on word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My backspace is not working on word: I was trying to sort out my bullet point settings and have done something to my backspace settings inadvertently I think. I can backspace to delete words on the same line, but cannot backspace to go to the previous line. Does anyone know how I can fix this?...
  3. My backspace is not working on word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My backspace is not working on word: I was trying to sort out my bullet point settings and have done something to my backspace settings inadvertently I think. I can backspace to delete words on the same line, but cannot backspace to go to the previous line. Does anyone know how I can fix this?...
  4. My backspace is not working on word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MS Word spacing between words problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word spacing between words problem: Help! My associate edits our MS Word document on his newish Apple Mac system and everything looks fine. But he sends me the file and the spacing between the words is messed up and many words are crammed together on my not-so-new version of MS Word. Is there a cure for...
  6. MS Word spacing between words problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word spacing between words problem: Help! My associate edits our MS Word document on his newish Apple Mac system and everything looks fine. But he sends me the file and the spacing between the words is messed up and many words are crammed together on my not-so-new version of MS Word. Is there a cure for...
  7. MS Word spacing between words problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete entire lines like you can with cmd + backspace in MacOS?: One of the features I appreciate a lot in MacOS as a programmer is the ability to delete entire lines of code with just cmd + backspace. Even better, it allows me to traverse from one end of a really long line of code to the other as easily as cmd + → or cmd + ←. Is there an...
  9. Backspace deleting whole words instead of 1 letter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backspace deleting whole words instead of 1 letter.: I've had this issue for about a year now. And it comes and goes.. I have a razer ornate chroma keyboard. And when i press backspace it deletes the whole word instead of just 1 letter. I've tried all i can do and research but ive come up with nothing. pressing ctrl or pause...
  10. Ctrl+Backspace inserts a small box instead of erasing the word to the left

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+Backspace inserts a small box instead of erasing the word to the left: It used to delete the word to the left of the cursor in explorer.exe web browsers, etc. I was thinking it might have been my english canada language pack so I re installed english us but that didnt work any suiggestions?...