Windows 10: Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN

Discus and support Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I'll try to give as much detail with my problem as I can. My computer runs off of Windows and I've had almost no issues until earlier tonight when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by August Cross, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN

So, I'll try to give as much detail with my problem as I can. My computer runs off of Windows and I've had almost no issues until earlier tonight when my backspace was not working as intended. I was busy on my phone and kept moving my mouse to make sure the screen wouldn't black out stupid habit, I know and after some time, I'm not sure how much exactly, I returned to using my computer. I had a window of Chrome open and wanted to look something up, and started typing and realized my backspace wasn't working. After updating, restarting, using the troubleshooting feature in settings and turning off filter keys and sticky keys, I still didn't have a clue what was wrong. That was until I noticed something strange. My assumption that the key was just busted was, well, busted as when I press the backspace button, Google Chrome's "Customize and control Google Chrome" button, other known as the three dots, would highlight, much life if I pressed space on my desktop and the last thing I opened from there would highlight. Pressing enter once the button is highlighted opens it, and as I'm writing this now, the back arrow, or the "Undo" button is highlighted every time I accidentally press backspace, and yet nothing will actually undo. Instead, it just highlights it, and if I press it again, it un-highlights it. After double checking, every other key works perfectly fine, and the computer is running perfectly smooth. I'm not sure if I opened a setting tab or accidentally changed a state in my computer, but this issue is more of an inconvenience than anything. Any sort of help or general idea on what to do would be much appreciated! I've seen others after having done all the supposed fixes to no avail, and I can only assume they have my own, unique little problem. Thanks again!

:)

August Cross, Jul 10, 2020

2. backspace key problem

i have a problem in my nokia n73 music addition,

backspace key/(c) key works well without memory card,

but with memory card,it doesn't works for continue deletion, although it works for step by step deletion,

is this due to softwares installed on memory card??

how to remove this problem??

plz help

kaillash---01, Jul 10, 2020
  3. backspace key problem

i have a problem in my nokia n73 music addition,

backspace key/(c) key works well without memory card,

but with memory card,it doesn't works for continue deletion, although it works for step by step deletion,

is this due to softwares installed on memory card??

how to remove this problem??

plz help

kaillash---01, Jul 10, 2020
  4. TOOGAM Win User

Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN

Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN

1. Backspace Key Malfunctioning NOT BROKEN - Similar Threads - Backspace Key Malfunctioning

2. backspace button is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace button is malfunctioning: my backspace button is deleting everything from the right side of the cursor whenever I try to press it. this usually happens in word, but not in browsers nor notepad. I noticed that this also occurred once while I was using outlook. please help. the on screen keyboard works...
  3. backspace button is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backspace button is malfunctioning: my backspace button is deleting everything from the right side of the cursor whenever I try to press it. this usually happens in word, but not in browsers nor notepad. I noticed that this also occurred once while I was using outlook. please help. the on screen keyboard works...
  4. keys malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys malfunctioning: what should I do because while i am using my volume keys or play\stop keys they are opening chrome and i dont know why because i never got this problem ever before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-malfunctioning/82f2ec8f-80a5-49d9-9c82-6e53a17dc462
  5. keys malfunctioning

keys malfunctioning: what should I do because while i am using my volume keys or play\stop keys they are opening chrome and i dont know why because i never got this problem ever before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-malfunctioning/82f2ec8f-80a5-49d9-9c82-6e53a17dc462
  6. keys malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Backspace key automatically working

Backspace key automatically working: My backspace automatically working even if I don't press it, but when I hold it it stop working so when I need to type something on search box I still need to keep on holding at the backspace. What might be the problem here? do I need to buy a new one?...
  8. Backspace Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backspace Key: Anytime I press the backspace it the cursor moves back once and goes back to the start. This only happens that i know of on discord and microsoft word online or Microsoft Office Home....
  9. Malfunctioning Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malfunctioning Key: Hello! I have been plagued with a problem key as of late. Since the most recent update I believe. Whenever I press the Control Key, It will pull up the Taskbar Search. This has gotten in the way of many of my programs. Any suggestions?...
  10. Backspace Key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backspace Key not working: Has anyone experienced their backspace key not working in Windows 10? Or is this a known problem with Toshiba. The key has never been wet. It's just not working correctly. Whenever I type something up on for example (The Knot), the key will will not respond to the command....