Windows 10: backspace not working

Discus and support backspace not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My backspace key is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-not-working/43ad5f5f-8fc0-4067-bda6-76f603acc111 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marykonstas, Jan 26, 2019.

1. backspace not working

My backspace key is not working.

:)

marykonstas, Jan 26, 2019

2. Backspace Key not working

I have this issue with Edge and only Edge. I will often lose the backspace functionality when typing an e-mail into an OWA window. If I mouse click on the window, suddenly my backspace works until the next time I need it. Very annoying.

DeaconFrost, Jan 26, 2019
  3. TOOGAM Win User
    Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, Jan 26, 2019
  4. backspace not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

backspace not working

1. backspace not working - Similar Threads - backspace working

2. Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.: Hey Everyone,I recently noticed that holding down backspace only erases 1 letter at a time. It used to be much quicker and would erase whole lines when held down long enough. same in the case of arrow keys to. I am on windows 11 and have turned off filter keys. Any...
  3. Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace key and arrow keys are not working properly.: Hey Everyone,I recently noticed that holding down backspace only erases 1 letter at a time. It used to be much quicker and would erase whole lines when held down long enough. same in the case of arrow keys to. I am on windows 11 and have turned off filter keys. Any...
  4. My backspace is not working on word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My backspace is not working on word: I was trying to sort out my bullet point settings and have done something to my backspace settings inadvertently I think. I can backspace to delete words on the same line, but cannot backspace to go to the previous line. Does anyone know how I can fix this?...
  5. My backspace is not working on word

My backspace is not working on word: I was trying to sort out my bullet point settings and have done something to my backspace settings inadvertently I think. I can backspace to delete words on the same line, but cannot backspace to go to the previous line. Does anyone know how I can fix this?...
  6. My backspace is not working on word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. ROG ZEPHYRUS G15 GA520IV-GA520IV - Backspace and P letter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROG ZEPHYRUS G15 GA520IV-GA520IV - Backspace and P letter not working: I've been trying to find information as to how to fix this issue but I haven't had much luck, the BACKSPACE and the P KEY doesn't work when I turn on my laptop, the curious thing is that they start to work ONLY AFTER I run a Malware's scan.The scan comes clear, I close the...
  8. ROG ZEPHYRUS G15 GA520IV-GA520IV - Backspace and P letter not working

ROG ZEPHYRUS G15 GA520IV-GA520IV - Backspace and P letter not working: I've been trying to find information as to how to fix this issue but I haven't had much luck, the BACKSPACE and the P KEY doesn't work when I turn on my laptop, the curious thing is that they start to work ONLY AFTER I run a Malware's scan.The scan comes clear, I close the...
  9. backspace on file explorer search not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace on file explorer search not working properly: Hi, whenever I type backspace on the search box on file explorer it do the space but it get back the word quickly as if I did not press backspace. please if you had this issue before or you know the fix let us know we will be much apprecitedThank you...
  10. backspace on file explorer search not working properly

backspace on file explorer search not working properly: Hi, whenever I type backspace on the search box on file explorer it do the space but it get back the word quickly as if I did not press backspace. please if you had this issue before or you know the fix let us know we will be much apprecitedThank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge backspace not working

2. backspace key not working windows 10

3. backspace key not working

4. backspace not working,
  5. backspace does not work in edge,
  6. windows 10 enter and backspace are the same,
  7. everything is working except my backspace,
  8. backspace key,
  9. restored computer and enter and backspace still does no t work,
  10. backspace not working windows 10,
  11. spacebarbackspaceenternotworking,