Windows 10: Backspace opens mail

Discus and support Backspace opens mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on Backspace, instead of deleting, the mail appears. How to fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trinity.greene, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Backspace opens mail

When I click on Backspace, instead of deleting, the mail appears. How to fix this issue?

:)

trinity.greene, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Backspace opens mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 28, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Backspace opens mail

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Backspace opens mail

1. Backspace opens mail - Similar Threads - Backspace opens mail

2. shift + backspace beep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift + backspace beep: So im getting a beep everytme i press shift+backspace.It's not sticky keys or any of those options. im on the latest windows version. This is very odd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-backspace-beep/3da09923-b3c1-45e8-883d-e26b858b6281
  3. Backspace doens't work and opens event viewer istance, solutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace doens't work and opens event viewer istance, solutions?: Backspace doesn't work and opens an event viewer instance each time it is pressed.This also happens if using windows "on screen keyboard" app, not only with my physical keyboard.I recently run an SFC scannow twice , first time detecting some corrupted files and repairing...
  4. Backspace doens't work and opens event viewer istance, solutions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace doens't work and opens event viewer istance, solutions?: Backspace doesn't work and opens an event viewer instance each time it is pressed.This also happens if using windows "on screen keyboard" app, not only with my physical keyboard.I recently run an SFC scannow twice , first time detecting some corrupted files and repairing...
  5. Backspace doens't work and opens event viewer istance, solutions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Mail will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail will not open: Windows 10 ver 19042.631 Hi All So... booted up the computer this morning went to Mail, and it just flikered on screen and failled to open. I have spent most of the day trying to fix this, Event viewer say this whenever i try to run mail: The server...
  7. Backspace Key

Backspace Key: Anytime I press the backspace it the cursor moves back once and goes back to the start. This only happens that i know of on discord and microsoft word online or Microsoft Office Home....
  8. Open Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Mail: How do I open Mail in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-mail/d56dc21a-f773-4e90-8a3e-8923f8f88294
  9. Backspace button

Backspace button: When I press the backspace button, anything on either side starts to delete as it would normally. So if I have to correct something and I press backspace it deletes a letter to the left and the right each time I press it...
  10. backspace not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backspace not working: My backspace key is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-not-working/43ad5f5f-8fc0-4067-bda6-76f603acc111