Windows 10: Backup a file or download

Discus and support Backup a file or download in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a notification saying that both my antivirus were turned off and so I did a scan and found threats but it didn't let me do the "start actions" so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kruezen, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Kruezen Win User

Backup a file or download

I got a notification saying that both my antivirus were turned off and so I did a scan and found threats but it didn't let me do the "start actions" so I contacted support and the person sent me a link that said "MSERT" and claimed it was an antivirus and I don't know if that is safe too. The person also said that it could be a malware so I need to factory reset my pc. By the way if you know how I can backup my Webroot antivirus so when I factory reset it is not gone and I can use it without having to download it again.

:)

Kruezen, Mar 9, 2021

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Backup a file or download

Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Backup a file or download

1. Backup a file or download - Similar Threads - Backup file download

2. Download win 10 as a backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Download win 10 as a backup: Can i use the Media Creation tool to Download Windows 10 and have it handy in case my Windows 10 crashes. And if i have to re-install will it recognise my windows activation key (Digital Entitlement). Sorry if its a stupid question but i looked at using Macrium Free as a...
  3. Backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup files: I want to set up automatic daily backup of my files e.g. documents and photos. I don't see an option to select the time of the backup to start. How do I choose the daily backup start time?...
  4. Files/backup/File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files/backup/File History: I have an external hard drive for backups and files history, I went to storage and directed the files to its drive, so how do I stop 10 from sending it to onedrive and my external drive? Now that the program files are not on my C drive do I have to reinstall 10 again?...
  5. File History/File Backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    File History/File Backup: What is the best way to back up my computer using Windows 10. I was using File History and it is not completing the process. [ATTACH] The screen capture shows a backup on 10/15/2019 but there are no updated files showing up on my external drive....
  6. download files from backup thumbdrive.

download files from backup thumbdrive.: I downloaded Windows 10 on my computer, replacing the OS that came with it (Windows 7). I have a thumb drive that contains a lot of apps and stuff from my previous computer that is now broken. How can I download this material from the thumb drive to my current computer?...
  7. File Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Backup: I am running windows 10 PRO (64). I have two internal drives (each 1 TB solid state - drives C and E) and three external disc drives (G - 2TB, H - 3TB and I - 2TB). I would like to back up all my files/folders on C and E as well as some other folders (like Favorites and...
  8. backup a file

backup a file: backup does not automatically backup. I have to go to settings and do it manually every time i want a file backed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-a-file/de72d377-937c-4a24-b968-13c6994296d8
  9. Backup Skipped Files

Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  10. Backup and Restore Files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Files: Hello and niceday to everyone. just joined this win10forum. I just finished upgrading from my win7 to this free win10Pro upgrade from microsoft, since yesterday everything works as normal and better than the previous win7. First thing I did after completing updates and...