Windows 10: Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?

Discus and support Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I have a folder on my D Drive. And also have my OneDrive folder on my D drive. How can I backup this folder on my D drive to my Outlook every... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by lolcocks, Jun 10, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?

Hello,

I have a folder on my D Drive.
    And also have my OneDrive folder on my D drive.

How can I backup this folder on my D drive to my Outlook every week?
    Like if I make changes to the files in that folder, those files should get uploaded to OneDrive each week.

:)

lolcocks, Jun 10, 2019
  2. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Backup Bug or Desired?

The drive shows up after I remove the OneDrive folder. Example;

Available drives:
    D:\ (has OneDrive on it at D:\OneDrive)
    E:\ (no OneDrive here)
    - In the Backup -> 'Add a drive' list of available backup drive 'D:\' isn't a choice.

Now I swap where OneDrive is like;
    D:\ (no OneDrive here)
    E:\ (has OneDrive on it at E:\OneDrive)
    - In the Backup -> 'Add a drive' list of available backup drive 'E:\' isn't a choice now.

What I want to do is backup into the OneDrive folder, something like 'D:\OneDrive\Backup' without using 3rd party software.

ShiftySituation, Jun 10, 2019
  4. AjayK47 Win User

System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive

I have recently moved the location of my OneDrive folder to the D: drive.

When I use "Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to create a system image I get the following message prior to completion:

Backup skipped backing up D:\OneDrive\Documents as it is on the backup target.

Is this because for some reason the D: drive is now being included in the system image?
    If so, how do I stop it?

Any help appreciated.

AjayK47, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week? - Similar Threads - Backup folder drive

2. Best USB drive for weekly backups?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best USB drive for weekly backups?: I've been browsing around for USB sticks to backup important files to, and am completely lost in the entire market. I am looking for 256-512gb capacity, here are a couple i found. I have no idea what i should be looking for in USB sticks. Does anyone have experience and could...
  3. D Drive and Download Folder Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive and Download Folder Gone: After a recent Windows 10 update my D Drive disappeared, and with it all folders and files stored under 'Downloads' (on my C drive). I use a DELL XPS13 laptop. The files are rather important in nature (work), and I would love to recover them. I tried to run a recovery...
  4. Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Folders on D Drive not showing in Restore Files from Current Backup: I'm using Windows 10 Backup to create file history on external drive (Seagate Expansion Drive 2TB). I selected folders both from C drive and D drive. I can have restored successfully files from C drive Folders using the Restore options. However, I can not see any of my D...
  5. Backup and OneDrive

Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"
  6. how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive

how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive: I know that I can copy that folder to onedrive location in my pc, but I want that folder to be in same location and synced with one drive is it possible Say my onedrive is in C/user/sss/one and folder is in d/study/something/folder1 now I need sync folder1 to onedrive...
  7. How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive???: How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-weekly-backup-to-microsoft/6a53ed34-e002-4dca-a611-473748037f61
  8. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...
  9. Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min

Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min: Newer games are offering less and less saving options and when you hit a bug in the right place you can lose 20 hours of play time...... So I need to backup a folder every 5-10 minutes into separate rar/zip archives with a time stamp, are there any programs that offer...
  10. System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive

System Image error after moving OneDrive folder to D: drive: I have recently moved the location of my OneDrive folder to the D: drive. When I use "Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to create a system image I get the following message prior to completion: Backup skipped backing up D:\OneDrive\Documents as it is on the backup...