Windows 10: Backup - "Add a Folder" changes do not persist

Discus and support Backup - "Add a Folder" changes do not persist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, "Backup" by default backs up all the C:\Users\ folders; it has the option to include or exclude those. I partitioned my HDD and have a D:\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by haroldmk80, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Backup - "Add a Folder" changes do not persist

Hello,

"Backup" by default backs up all the C:\Users\ folders; it has the option to include or exclude those.

I partitioned my HDD and have a D:\ partition where I put important files for me.

I added this D:\ folder to the backup and it worked fine, W10 backed up everthing correctly.

The problems is that today I checked my files and found out that W10 is not longer backing up my D:\ , I checked the option and it does not appear, but I never quit it.

It is the second time that this happen, the change I made in backup options do not persist, I have to add manually everthing I want to be sure that the folder is added to the backup options.

Any advice?

Thanks.

:)

haroldmk80, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Wytze_ Win User

Windows 10 backup: included/excluded folders do not persist

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried both suggestions:

- Troubleshooting (as Administrator): "no changes or updates were necessary"

- System File Checker (elevated prompt): "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Following therefore your suggestion and x-posted on TechNet
    here

Has anyone the same experience with Windows 10 Backup?

Wytze_, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Unable to change folder name

Hi,

It is unusual that the folder name gets changed to "document" automatically during the backup.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Create the new folder, right click on it and select "properties".

2. Click "customize".

3. Under "optimize this folder for", select "general items" and also make sure to check the"also apply this template to all subfolder" option and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 31, 2019
  4. magovoru Win User

Backup - "Add a Folder" changes do not persist

Change default backup folder

Hi kunFoo,

I could not reproduce the issue with these steps:

* Go to Tools -> Options -> My devices

* Change the backup folder

* Click OK

* Start backup from Tools -> Backup

magovoru, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Backup - "Add a Folder" changes do not persist

1. Backup - "Add a Folder" changes do not persist - Similar Threads - Backup Add Folder

2. How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...: Windows 11.How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only persist while the File Explorer window is active....
  3. How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...: Windows 11.How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only persist while the File Explorer window is active....
  4. Persistent Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Persistent Folder: I opened a discussion earlier on about a folder which keeps showing up on my desktop despite my most earnest attempts to remove it. It did disappear for a day or so, so I marked the issue as Solved. Bad Move! : That Persistent Folder is back again. Will no one rid me of...
  5. Persistent Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Persistent Desktop Folder: There is a folder on my Desktop. There is nothing in it. It is not used for anything. I do not want it. I cannot get rid of it. I have moved it to the Recycle Bin. I have Deleted it using Windows Explorer. I have DEL'ed it with DOS. I have removed it with...
  6. Unable to add folders to File History Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add folders to File History Backup: Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right place to post. I’m trying to create a backup as part of a course and I’m running into issues. The assignment specifies using backup and restore (windows 7) for this, but when I click on setup backup nothing happens. The spinning wheel...
  7. The Persistence of Folder Attributes

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Persistence of Folder Attributes: [img] I know how to change folder attributes so that's no biggie. I change stupid attributes like #, Title, and Contributing Artists, etc. to more useful ones like Size and Length. [img] [img] However after I've changed all the attribute columns to the ones I want...
  8. Backup not reflecting changes in folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup not reflecting changes in folders: I have transferred a large number of files between different folders (from DropBox to OneDrive). I have then backed up my whole computer to an external harddrive. But when I check the backup it does not register the change to file locations. Dropbox folder is still full of...
  9. Microsoft Backup Will Not Let Me Add Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Backup Will Not Let Me Add Folder: I have a C drive with my OS Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763) on it. I created a partition A: where I keep all my data. I also have an external hard drive E: that I want to use as a backup. Both A: and E: are encrypted via Bitlocker. I had no issue adding...
  10. Persistant folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistant folders: Under my username/documents I have two folders that simply will not go away. I've checked them with Norton and with Antimalware, and they register as being clean. If I delete them they just come back, usually with a slightly different name. The name of one will start with AI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 backup subfolder from excluded

2. windows 10 file history does adding a folder add children