Windows 10: backup after windows 10 update

Discus and support backup after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys Before moving to windows 10 from 7 I did a backup to dvdr, I have now moved the backup files back onto my laptop but windows media player can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ooberman, Oct 14, 2018.

1. ooberman Win User

backup after windows 10 update

Hi Guys

Before moving to windows 10 from 7 I did a backup to dvdr, I have now moved the backup files back onto my laptop but windows media player can not play any of my music.

This is the message I am getting when I try to play a track.

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

Any help would be great.

:)

ooberman, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 14, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. backup after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - backup update

2. update from: Windows 10 21H1 to: Windows 22H2 -- backup & restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update from: Windows 10 21H1 to: Windows 22H2 -- backup & restore point: In my PC an hp z620 - Windows 101To update from: Windows 10 21H1 to: Windows 22H2Is better backup all my data eg D:/ data disk, and also C:/ drive programs, data, Windows 10 OS system files,... basically all to recovering in case system/apps & dataSo, as perform a recovery in...
  3. update from: Windows 10 21H1 to: Windows 22H2 -- backup & restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update from: Windows 10 21H1 to: Windows 22H2 -- backup & restore point: In my PC an hp z620 - Windows 101To update from: Windows 10 21H1 to: Windows 22H2Is better backup all my data eg D:/ data disk, and also C:/ drive programs, data, Windows 10 OS system files,... basically all to recovering in case system/apps & dataSo, as perform a recovery in...
  4. update from: Windows 10 21H1 to: Windows 22H2 -- backup & restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can anyone help me with recovering a deleted iPhone backup after an iTunes update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help me with recovering a deleted iPhone backup after an iTunes update?: I recently updated iTunes on my Windows 10 computer and realized that my iPhone backup file got deleted in the process. I've attempted to locate the backup file by following these steps in the 'Files' application: In the search bar, I entered %appdata% and then %USERPROFILE%,...
  6. can anyone help me with recovering a deleted iPhone backup after an iTunes update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can anyone help me with recovering a deleted iPhone backup after an iTunes update?: I recently updated iTunes on my Windows 10 computer and realized that my iPhone backup file got deleted in the process. I've attempted to locate the backup file by following these steps in the 'Files' application: In the search bar, I entered %appdata% and then %USERPROFILE%,...
  7. can anyone help me with recovering a deleted iPhone backup after an iTunes update?

8. "Can I update my laptop to the latest stable Windows 11 version from a November 2022 backup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can I update my laptop to the latest stable Windows 11 version from a November 2022 backup...: backup of 2022 november.. if i restore to that point can i get back to current stable version by updating it from settings?? both windows 11 I enrolled in windows 11 beta channel, now i want to go back as it has many bugs...and i have to wait untill next stable version,...
  9. "Can I update my laptop to the latest stable Windows 11 version from a November 2022 backup...

"Can I update my laptop to the latest stable Windows 11 version from a November 2022 backup...: backup of 2022 november.. if i restore to that point can i get back to current stable version by updating it from settings?? both windows 11 I enrolled in windows 11 beta channel, now i want to go back as it has many bugs...and i have to wait untill next stable version,...
  10. Music and Videos Folders Missing from the Updated OneDrive “Manage Backup” Function

Music and Videos Folders Missing from the Updated OneDrive “Manage Backup” Function: I am running Windows 11 Home, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.011.0115.0009 64-bit. When I installed OneDrive on my laptop, I could only back up the Documents,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to backup after update

2. backup after windows update