Windows 10: Backup and Recovery of Windows Image.

Discus and support Backup and Recovery of Windows Image. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to maintain a System Backup image so that whenever something goes wrong with my laptop I can restore Windows to the exact same point at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MohanSai1, Jul 9, 2020.

1. MohanSai1 Win User

Backup and Recovery of Windows Image.

Hi, I want to maintain a System Backup image so that whenever something goes wrong with my laptop I can restore Windows to the exact same point at the time of my Backup. Restore Point is an Option if Windows is working fine, But I want a backup that can recover everything including windowsapps, settings, files. For this, I checked out 'Create System Image' in Windows but got to know that Microsoft is no longer supporting that feature. I went for 3rd Party applications and found Acronis True Image & Macrium Reflect free editions. I want to know whether any of these free versions of applications can help me, Thanks in Advance.

:)

MohanSai1, Jul 9, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile Backup and Recovery of Windows Image. :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile Backup and Recovery of Windows Image. :)

Mussels, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Backup and Recovery of Windows Image. - Similar Threads - Backup Recovery Image

2. image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  3. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  4. Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Backup: Hello,I was creating widows image backup and at the end it says:The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up.what should i do and the shrink space is 8GbOs info:Windows 10 Home 20h1Any solutions and can i use that...
  5. Image Backup

Image Backup: I have successfully used Macrium Reflect in the past to create an image backup on a machine running Windows 8.1 that had Microsoft Office 2010 installed on it. I have recently bought a new computer running Windows 10 and have a a subscription to Office 365 on it. For some...
  6. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  7. Windows image backup

Windows image backup: I had made a system backup, but it do not working. Probably I made something wrong, making changes in several partitions between backup been made and now. I need to delete this backup file but system do not allow this intention....
  8. Backup Image not shown during recovery startup repair

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Image not shown during recovery startup repair: Hey y'all; my system crashed. I inserted my OS USB and attempted to repair. This feature has failed in the past and it failed this time. At this point, i wanted to restore a macrium reflect image. I had the image on an external HDD. The external was connected yet windows...
  9. image backup?

image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  10. Image backup.

Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...