Windows 10: Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected"

Discus and support Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have updated 7 PCs to Version 1809 17763.1 and before i was using Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) on 4 PCs to backup files on a NAS-Storage without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RainerVetterlein, Oct 11, 2018.

1. RainerVetterlein Win User

Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected"

I have updated 7 PCs to Version 1809 17763.1 and before i was using Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) on 4 PCs to backup files on a NAS-Storage without problems. Since the Update i get the error message "Medium is write protected." on 2 PCs, on the other 2 PCs the backup runs like before.
    So i tested the backup on another PC with Windows 10 and Windows 10 Insider in a dual boot configuration. After configuring the backup i got the same error message on this PC with both variants. I can make a Windows systemimage in the same Directory of the NAS on all PCs, so there is no write protection on the Directory of the NAS i use.
    Then i tested the backup on a new formatted external disk and got the same error message.
    The error must depend on the PC i use. During the backup no files where written to the NAS or the external drive.

:)

RainerVetterlein, Oct 11, 2018
  2. freebird_9924 Win User
    freebird_9924, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 11, 2018
  4. BurningNewbie Win User

backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected" - Similar Threads - Backup Recovery Error

2. strange backup error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    strange backup error message: Hi I am using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) utility for my backups and it keeps skipping two files: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Pictures These files do not exist. So why is it looking for them? Should...
  3. Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected: After upgrading to windows 10 build 18234 the backup is falling with following message.... Check your backup The media is write protected Error code 0x80070013 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. What is "Windows - Write Protect Error, Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a2 ......" ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is "Windows - Write Protect Error, Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a2 ......" ?: Below is a the exact message I continue to get. I have to shut down and reopen Google to clear the message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/what-is-windows-write-protect-error-exception/50d95101-6ceb-41fa-ab1c-aeb254ec93d5
  5. Remove write protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove write protection: So my harddrive crashed, I replaced it with one from newegg.com however it had no operating system so I bought windows 10 at best buy, it comes on a 16gig usb 3.0 flash drive. I have it all running good it's just that I want to use this flash drive for personal things but I...
  6. Windows 10 - Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Repair Disk or Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 - Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Repair Disk or Recovery: In Windows 10 we create a recovery drive accessed by typing “Create a Recovery drive” in Cortana search bar. This recovery drive allows us to potentially repair our Windows and or restore an Image. Further in Windows 10 Microsoft has restored the Backup & Recovery...
  7. MBR2GPT conversion error "please remove the write protection"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR2GPT conversion error "please remove the write protection": so I'm doing the GPT conversion on a laptop booted into windows. I run /convert /allowfullos it creates the new partition but from there i get the message saying the disk cannot be written to because it is write protected. Please remove the write protection from the volume...
  8. Dell Backup and Recovery Error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Backup and Recovery Error: Hi, I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing [img] Can some one please help? PS:- I did a clean install and do not have a recovery partition.. 17963
  9. Windows Recovery Message

Windows Recovery Message: On my guitar studio PC, a Dell XPS Studio 9100 desktop, I found the screens ( 3 displays) frozen this morning, I previously had iTunes, YouTube and Chrome loaded. Could not do a soft reboot. I powered off, waited and powered on, and now I get this message. [img] I...
  10. Who writes Microsoft's error messages?

Who writes Microsoft's error messages?: Who writes Microsoft's error messages? Homer Simpson? "Something happened" Well, duh! 11177