Windows 10: Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected"

Discus and support Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have updated 7 PCs to Version 1809 17763.1 and before i was using Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) on 4 PCs to backup files on a NAS-Storage without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RainerVetterlein, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected"

I have updated 7 PCs to Version 1809 17763.1 and before i was using Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) on 4 PCs to backup files on a NAS-Storage without problems. Since the Update i get the error message "Medium is write protected." on 2 PCs, on the other 2 PCs the backup runs like before.
    So i tested the backup on another PC with Windows 10 and Windows 10 Insider in a dual boot configuration. After configuring the backup i got the same error message on this PC with both variants. I can make a Windows systemimage in the same Directory of the NAS on all PCs, so there is no write protection on the Directory of the NAS i use.
    Then i tested the backup on a new formatted external disk and got the same error message.
    The error must depend on the PC i use. During the backup no files where written to the NAS or the external drive.

:)

RainerVetterlein, Oct 11, 2018
  2. freebird_9924, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected"

backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected"

1. Backup and Recovery (Windows 7) - Error message "Medium is write protected" - Similar Threads - Backup Recovery Error

2. USB write protect error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB write protect error: Hi, firstly sorry for my english.When I try to upload a video or a photo, I faced an error message the disk is write protected. I tried diskpart but nothing happens. Also I can't do error checking or format the usb. What should I do?...
  3. USB write protect error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB write protect error: Hi, firstly sorry for my english.When I try to upload a video or a photo, I faced an error message the disk is write protected. I tried diskpart but nothing happens. Also I can't do error checking or format the usb. What should I do?...
  4. USB write protected error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB write protected error: Hi,I get the error "The disk is write protected" when I try to copy something into the USB or format it. I checked for viruses with ESET anti-virus and there were no viruses. Also, I tried the command prompt way, the regedit way but none of them worked. I also used EaseUS...
  5. Remove Media is Write Protected message in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Media is Write Protected message in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When copying files to a USB drive or SD card, if you receive a— Media is Write Protected —message, then this post will help you resolve the problem. The same problem can occur when deleting a file or overwriting a file on the media. What is Write-Protection? Write...
  6. Getting error messages with Backup and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting error messages with Backup and Restore Windows 7: Hello, I'm trying to backup with Backup and Restore Windows 7 on a Windows 10 Pro I get error messages of these. These directories do not exist in the exact location of E:\james\ they exist in E:\Users\james. How do I redirect these to the directories to E:\Users\james\ I...
  7. Write Protection Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write Protection Error: [ATTACH] Every other day I have this error. After coming back to my sleeping computer in the morning this box is on the lock screen but also the desktop. I have a WD Passport removable hard drive connected that has Security and Maintenance alert for scanning the drive. I've...
  8. WINDOWS WRITE PROTECTION ERROR

WINDOWS WRITE PROTECTION ERROR: HI all I have attempted via Google and other place to eliminate the above message. When It comes on the screen, I have to restart the computer, and it goes away for a few days, the message stay on the computer until I do restart, nothing gets rid of it. I don't understand...
  9. Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected: After upgrading to windows 10 build 18234 the backup is falling with following message.... Check your backup The media is write protected Error code 0x80070013 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. What is "Windows - Write Protect Error, Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a2 ......" ?

What is "Windows - Write Protect Error, Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a2 ......" ?: Below is a the exact message I continue to get. I have to shut down and reopen Google to clear the message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/what-is-windows-write-protect-error-exception/50d95101-6ceb-41fa-ab1c-aeb254ec93d5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. write protection error windows 7 backup to NAS

2. windows 7 bakcxup wrtie protected

3. windows 7 backup problems media write protected

4. win 7 backup error - the media is write protected,
  5. windows 7 backup error message media is protected,
  6. windows 7 backup and recovery disk write protected,
  7. backup windows 7 error write protecteed