Windows 10: Backup and Restore completely fails to start

Discus and support Backup and Restore completely fails to start in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; It used to work but then something happened on my Windows 10 machine and now I can't backup at all (don't have external so I relied on this windows-7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jerriy, Apr 21, 2020.

1. jerriy Win User

Backup and Restore completely fails to start

It used to work but then something happened on my Windows 10 machine and now I can't backup at all (don't have external so I relied on this windows-7 leftover method to backup on an internal separate drive)

My control panel looks like this now:

Edit I can't upload an image? I wanted to display the pop up I get which says:

:)

jerriy, Apr 21, 2020

2. laptop vista complete restore

Best thing I can suggest is backup any files you want and do a complete OS reinstall.

DonInKansas, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Apr 21, 2020
  4. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore completely fails to start - Similar Threads - Backup Restore completely

2. Restore complete system image backup on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore complete system image backup on laptop: When I try to recover my data from a system image backup I made from an external hard drive in Windows Recovery, it says I need to create a disk. However, the issue is that I am doing this on a laptop that doesn't have a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Aside from purchasing a portable one,...
  3. Restore complete system image backup on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore complete system image backup on laptop: When I try to recover my data from a system image backup I made from an external hard drive in Windows Recovery, it says I need to create a disk. However, the issue is that I am doing this on a laptop that doesn't have a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Aside from purchasing a portable one,...
  4. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  5. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  6. Backup and Restore win7 fails after successfully starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore win7 fails after successfully starting: Backup and Restore win7 fails during backup, says can't find the drive. Yet, it had already written much of the backup. Chkdsk found no problems on the drive. scannow fixed some system files. Still fails. There is > 1TB free on the drive.Any ideas ??thanksK...
  7. Backup and Restore win7 fails after successfully starting

Backup and Restore win7 fails after successfully starting: Backup and Restore win7 fails during backup, says can't find the drive. Yet, it had already written much of the backup. Chkdsk found no problems on the drive. scannow fixed some system files. Still fails. There is > 1TB free on the drive.Any ideas ??thanksK...
  8. Backup and Restore win7 fails after successfully starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. failed restores with EaseUS Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    failed restores with EaseUS Backup: I am using the free edition of EaseUS ToDo Backup and run into problems with restoring in a specific situation. I was doing regular full backups of a Win7 system partition, located on Disk 1 (not sure if it matters, but when I installed Win 7 a long time ago, I forced...
  10. Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.: Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. Tried online support help from Microsoft with remote computer control but only little could be restored. Already tried three times....