Windows 10: Backup and Restore Error

Discus and support Backup and Restore Error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just bought a new Windows 10, Office 2016, Ultra HD Lenovo computer. Already having issues, surprise surprise! Not only are there scaling/blurry issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by goreds12, Dec 25, 2015.

1. goreds12 Win User

Backup and Restore Error

Just bought a new Windows 10, Office 2016, Ultra HD Lenovo computer. Already having issues, surprise surprise! Not only are there scaling/blurry issues with some apps, but Windows Backup and Restore is displaying the following error:

The semaphore timeout period has expired.

I'm trying to backup to an external Seagate drive.

I've tried several fixes as I was previously having this issue too (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...890485a59?db=5), but nothing has worked.

I just don't get how a brand new computer has these issues, but I guess that Windows 10/Microsoft for you...any help would be much appreciated and Happy Holidays!

:)

goreds12, Dec 25, 2015

2. Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

Who are you and what have you done with ScottHolzrichter?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 25, 2015
  3. bakontrk Win User
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

You must be joking!

bakontrk, Dec 25, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Backup and Restore Error

topgundcp, Dec 25, 2015
  5. goreds12 Win User
    How do they compare to Veeam Endpoint Backup? The guys over at Reddit love that one and I just downloaded it too. But, I'm open to others as well like the ones you mentioned. I guess it's just becoming a "pet peeve" and I want to fix this issue haha but maybe that's not possible.

goreds12, Dec 25, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
  7. goreds12 Win User
    Alright. I guess I'll just leave this Windows Backup issue alone unless someone randomly has a fix.

goreds12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Backup and Restore Error

1. Backup and Restore Error - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Error

2. restoring backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restoring backup: Need help with restoring function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-backup/0aa3dd4c-122c-4e70-a307-53c3854c093e
  3. Backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore: So I am trying to use Windows backup and restore tool on my Sony Vaio laptop and I can't get it to work someone please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/82ca9cbf-e2a1-4116-83d7-002735c2c3be
  4. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Why can't I run a system image backup on my new Windows 11 HP laptop. only 60 gb used on 476gb ssd? My external Hard drive has 841gb free, yet the back up stops saying there isn't enough room to create backup because of VSS doesn't have enough space? how much space does it...
  5. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Windows backup failed. I am attaching screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/7edd6d5a-3d6b-4840-a0af-eb95d5170697
  6. Backup and Restore

Backup and Restore: My C drive failed, so I purchased a new one and reinstalled windows on C:. My backups are to D:. I have set up backups as before to D:, but when I attempt to restore my files, they are not visible to the Restore. I have renamed the computer to the same name as it used to be...
  7. Restore backup data error 0x8100001A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore backup data error 0x8100001A: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  8. backup and restore

backup and restore: Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/102cb00f-7a92-443f-986c-01090b36d99d
  9. Error 0x8100001a - Backup/Restore (Win7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Error 0x8100001a - Backup/Restore (Win7): I had to do a new reinstall of Windows 10 and received this error when trying to restore from my external backup drive. Originally the backup drive was G, but after the reinstall, it became H. I changed it back to G in Disk Management, and applied the SDUTIL with no errors...
  10. Restoring backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393