Windows 10: Backup and Restore Files

Discus and support Backup and Restore Files in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello and niceday to everyone. just joined this win10forum. I just finished upgrading from my win7 to this free win10Pro upgrade from microsoft,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Apocalypse, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Backup and Restore Files

Hello and niceday to everyone. just joined this win10forum.

I just finished upgrading from my win7 to this free win10Pro upgrade from microsoft, since yesterday everything works as normal and better than the previous win7.

First thing I did after completing updates and setting up everything, I successfully created the system image coz i have read alot having the BSOD for still unexplained reasons., but for me I have not experienced any, and hopefully i won't and i don't want to experience the same.

>>my concern for now is that the the "backup and restore" for selected files/documents seems not working, always showing the error Backup fails with error code 0x80070002

i have searched for this error but none.

>>"File History" is working after turning it on, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO USE THIS, simply because it will not backup what i wanted it to backup.

Any link you may direct me to tutorial or any help, to do a specific backup of files/documents only using windows 10, not any third party software.

thanks.

:)

Apocalypse, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

Who are you and what have you done with ScottHolzrichter?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 1, 2015
  3. bakontrk Win User
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

You must be joking!

bakontrk, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Backup and Restore Files

1. Backup and Restore Files - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Files

2. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  3. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  4. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  5. Lost restore point for backuped files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost restore point for backuped files: I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string...
  6. Windows backup/restore and file history

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows backup/restore and file history: I have a new (late December) Dell 5500, 512 GB SSD about half empty. I have File Explorer access to a 2TB NAS (WD Mybook Live) via home wifi network. I'm starting with win 10 native s/w. I'll research other popular programs (macrium etc) because multiple attempts using the...
  7. File History VS Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History VS Backup and Restore: Hi. So I have this 2TB external hard drive which uses the USB type-C so I can leave it plugged in all the time. I've done all the system repair disc, restore point, system image and recovery drive. 1) can the same external drive be used for both file history and backup and...
  8. Backup and Restore Question for File History

Backup and Restore Question for File History: I have used File History for a number of years to backup my files. I can see it running and according to the program it operates successfully. For the heck of it I tried to restore a file, just to see if it would work. It ended up only finding a backup from July 2019, yet...
  9. Restore previous Windows backup files

Restore previous Windows backup files: I backed up my hard drive using the Windows 10 Backup tool in July 2019 on an external hard drive. My hard drive crashed and I had to replace it. Now I am trying to restore my backup from July and can't open the files. How do I restore a backup from an external hard drive....
  10. Backup and Restore with File History

Backup and Restore with File History: I'm backing up using file history. If I indicate a folder structure such as c:\Users, do all subordinate or child folders and files contained therein get backed up. I tried a test of this and it does not seem to do the backup. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm missing?...