Windows 10: Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

Discus and support Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harbynger, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Harbynger Win User

Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me?

I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my data on separate drives. Every other game launcher allows me to just point at the location on the other drives and verifies the files and then works fine. Downloading games from the Xbox (beta) app and the Windows store though... there is this insane permissions wall that refuses to allow that! It sees you have previous files and says it won't use those, and you can't do anything to copy save files out of the old folder and put them into the new folder!

How is this REQUIRED feature still missing? I have roughly two weeks before I'm actually charged (did the Ultimate Pass trial for $1)... and I will NOT be paying for this if I can't AT LEAST get my save games back. How is Microsoft not storing all saves in Azure? This is ridiculous!

If anyone knows of a workaround or fix, PLEASE let me know... I was up pretty late last night looking for something, and couldn't find a way to restore my saves.

Thanks!

***Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10***

:)

Harbynger, Jul 3, 2019

2. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 3, 2019
  3. Aleckzo Win User
    Game pass for PC not working.

I just bought the game pass for PC this morning after seeing the list of games, and the one i was mostly looking forward to was slay the spire, however when i went into the Microsoft store app and searched for the game, it said "owned", but when i clicked
    on it, the install button was grayed out. And I had the same problem with other titles that were supposedly meant to be a part of the game pass for PC such as banner saga. Does anybody know why this is or if there is a fix?

Aleckzo, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Kuraai Win User

Save-game location for XBOX Game pass for Windows games.

I'd like to know where the save files are stored for Xbox Game Pass files on Windows.

I've tried searching for the 'Saved Games' folder in Documents, also checked the 'My games' folder and any other subfolders, alas to no avail.

I did find some other folders/files under local\appdata\packages, but not the save files.

Adding to this, I understand it's still a beta (a paid one at that though), but there is no indication as to where the save files are stored or if cloud saves are supported at all, using multiple pc's this can be quite a dealbreaker.

Regards

Kuraai, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Games

2. Game Pass games disappeared from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass games disappeared from my PC: Hi there,I created a ticket a couple of months ago, about the same issue, and it happens now every 30-60 days.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-games-disappeared-overnight-from-my/e40b6371-d884-47e3-948a-cb1b973fc9ceBasically every game...
  3. Game Pass games disappeared from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Pass games disappeared from my PC: Hi there,I created a ticket a couple of months ago, about the same issue, and it happens now every 30-60 days.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-games-disappeared-overnight-from-my/e40b6371-d884-47e3-948a-cb1b973fc9ceBasically every game...
  4. I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save: I'm trying to find the save file for a game called Ark: Survival Evolved can you help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-this-game-on-xbox-game-pass-and-im/9d5ba8f4-4f6f-4a3e-a0b2-fe047289a666
  5. I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded this game on Xbox game pass and I'm trying to backup a save: I'm trying to find the save file for a game called Ark: Survival Evolved can you help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-this-game-on-xbox-game-pass-and-im/9d5ba8f4-4f6f-4a3e-a0b2-fe047289a666
  6. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  7. cant download game from pc game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download game from pc game pass: i have game pass ultimate and was gonna get the outer worlds on my pc and i cant download it. im signed it to my primary account which ive had since 2009, every time i got to the game page in the microsoft store it says install but when i move my cursor over it, it shows a...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location: Does anyone know where the games downloaded from the xbox game pass pc save to? When you select to install a game it asks what drive you want to save to if you have multiple. I always select it to save to my HDD and not my SSD. But I had to reinstall my xbox game pass app...
  9. Xbox game pass PC saves location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game pass PC saves location: I'm having troubles with my gpu drivers installation, so I want to reinstall Windows and try again with that. So I also want to backup my data, and that means I want to backup my game saves. Pretty much I need just to backup My Time At Portia game saves, because it's not...
  10. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup game pass games on pc before fresh install

2. game pass pc how to backup saves

3. gamepass pc saves

4. pc game pass cloud saves,
  5. does windows game pass save game saves online,
  6. backup games from game pass,
  7. gamepass game backup,
  8. are the pc game saves in game pass program preserved in cloud