Windows 10: Backup and Restore utility become unstable

Discus and support Backup and Restore utility become unstable in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, got following issue as described in title without any reason. No major changes in OS been done since last fully functional back-up was run.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ponura89, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Ponura89 Win User

Backup and Restore utility become unstable

Hello,
    got following issue as described in title without any reason. No major changes in OS been done since last fully functional back-up was run.
    And now Backup window gives me "no responding" title, but most importantly it gives me error code "0x80070578" (Invalid Window Handle) at 97% when backing up.
    Is there any way I can reinstall this build-in utility without reinstalling whole system ?

Thanks in advance.
    Any help is appreciated.

:)

Ponura89, Feb 13, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Backing up System restore point

Click HERE for a step by step on how to backup your Restore Points.

Please note: the tutorial is for Windows 7 but also works for Windows 10

IMPORTANT: The reason your restore points are deleted is that when a big Windows update is installed system files are changed and if you restore on tom of the new files your system can become unstable!

DaveM121, Feb 13, 2017
  3. Would Microsoft's Backup and Restore utility suffice for backing up hard drive files prior to updating?

Yes, if only need to backup your personal files.

How to Backup to an External Hard Drive

How to Restore a Backup From an External Hard Drive in Windows 7

also see:

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 13, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

You could try a repair upgrade by downloading latest iso, double clicking on it and running setup.exe, selecting to keep all files and programs.

cereberus, Feb 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore utility become unstable - Similar Threads - Backup Restore utility

2. Touchpad become unstable while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad become unstable while charging: I don't know what's going on with my laptop, usually it doesn't matter if it's charging or not. But suddenly now it's a problem. Many say this is a grounding problem. But even though I use the same charger. I am using Windows 10.Steps I've taken to improve:1. Reinstall the...
  3. Touchpad become unstable while charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad become unstable while charging: I don't know what's going on with my laptop, usually it doesn't matter if it's charging or not. But suddenly now it's a problem. Many say this is a grounding problem. But even though I use the same charger. I am using Windows 10.Steps I've taken to improve:1. Reinstall the...
  4. Touchpad become unstable while charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  6. Windows Becoming Unstable

Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  7. Legacy Backup/Restore utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Backup/Restore utility: Windows 10 provides only the the legacy Backup/Restore utility, which, as I understand it, MS does no longer support.Does Windows 11 bring a new automated Backup/Restore functionality beyond just backing up to the cloud?...
  8. Legacy Backup/Restore utility

Legacy Backup/Restore utility: Windows 10 provides only the the legacy Backup/Restore utility, which, as I understand it, MS does no longer support.Does Windows 11 bring a new automated Backup/Restore functionality beyond just backing up to the cloud?...
  9. Windows XP Backup & Restore Utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP Backup & Restore Utility: How do I get to a Backup utility for Windows XP. Trying to Backup my folders & files from my old IBM/LeNovo ThinkPad onto a Seagate portable hard drive, then Restore them to my new Acer with Windows 10. The ThinkPad recognizes the Seagate via USB connection, but can't seem to...
  10. Windows XP Backup & Restore Utility

Windows XP Backup & Restore Utility: How do I get to a Backup utility for Windows XP. Trying to Backup my folders & files from my old IBM/LeNovo ThinkPad onto a Seagate portable hard drive, then Restore them to my new Acer with Windows 10. The ThinkPad recognizes the Seagate via USB connection, but can't seem to...