Windows 10: Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

Discus and support Backup and Restore (Windows 7) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TopGeek, Apr 17, 2016.

1. TopGeek Win User

Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised but pleased to see that I had the choice of 8.1 or XP. Subsequently, I opted to upgrade to Win 10 and that worked in the same way. However, when it came to setting up the Backup and Restore schedule, I noticed that the module is entitled Backup and Restore (Windows 7). This leaves me puzzled as I have never had Win 7 on this PC.
    I have now disconnected the Win XP drive and corrected BCD so that I start directly in Win 10 but this backup anomaly bothers me.
    Is this just a quirk in Win 10 or is there somthing I need to do about it?

:)

TopGeek, Apr 17, 2016

2. Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

Am I doing something wrong? I was finally able to get “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” to successfully complete yesterday using Windows 10 where I had been continually failing over a period of a month where I was variously able to copy only the C drive,
    or both the C and D Drives, or even all three drives (C, D, and F) on my three-partition machine, but it continually hung up before completion. Finally, I found that if (1) the Windows 10 “Settings” “Update & Security” “Back up using File History” “Automatically
    back up my files” option set to “Off” and (2) all keyboard and mouse input was entirely avoided during the entire several-hour “Backup and Restore (Windows 7),” success occurred. QUESTION: If “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” ever displayed any bit of a ‘robust’
    nature in previous versions using Windows 7, has much of it been lost in this Windows 10 reincarnation?

ScottHolzrichter, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

Who are you and what have you done with ScottHolzrichter?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  5. TopGeek Win User
    As I said, I have never had Windows 7; just XP, 8.0 and 8.1.

TopGeek, Apr 17, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    What you had before makes no difference, Microsoft included it as standard and even a clean install will also add the Backup and Restore with Windows 7 mentioned.

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  7. TopGeek Win User
    Thanks for the clarification. What a strange idea, to mention a product that has never been used previously.

TopGeek, Apr 17, 2016
  8. Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

Yes it is mine came with 8.1 but on control panel tells me backup to windows 7 if I want to
    I am no way interested in going back to Windows 7,8 or 8.1
    Windows 10 for me all the way

hTconeM9user, Apr 17, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 +1

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    You can ignore that and go to File History...................

Backup and Restore (Windows 7) [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  11. TopGeek Win User
    That certainly makes more sense.

TopGeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Backup and Restore (Windows 7) - Similar Threads - Backup Restore

2. Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...: Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option in one of my partition drives in Windows 11. Please tell me how can I delete it?...
  3. Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...: Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option in one of my partition drives in Windows 11. Please tell me how can I delete it?...
  4. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  5. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  6. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?: I don't really use OneDrive, so I thought of using the "Create a restore point" service to back up my files. Will this be a good alternative, though?...
  7. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?: I don't really use OneDrive, so I thought of using the "Create a restore point" service to back up my files. Will this be a good alternative, though?...
  8. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...
  10. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...