Windows 10: Backup and Restore Windows 7?

Discus and support Backup and Restore Windows 7? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 29Jul2105, and that day I created a System Image Backup on both computers. On Sunday , on the desktop of both computers, I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Not Myself, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Backup and Restore Windows 7?

I installed Windows 10 29Jul2105, and that day I created a System Image Backup on both computers. On Sunday , on the desktop of both computers, I found a folder named Windows 7, created 02Aug2015; I have no idea how thye were created.

A short while ago, I opened Control Panel, to create a new System Image; to my disgust, I found the entry is "Backup and Restore (Windows 7.) I tried to run it anyway, but it failed, as it could not find the file (whatever file that might have been.) If I go to MS Support, the computers are identified as using Windows 10.

I have a thread on MS Community about the folder, which received a reply from someone purporting to be a MS engineer; I provided the requested information, but since then, a week later, no further communication.

It looks to me as though that folder is creating a serious problem, and I don't have any idea what to do about it, and now I cannot create any new system images.

Help earnestly solicited. (I shall refrain from commenting that I am tired of fighting Windows 10 problems.)

[Edit] Today, I had an excellent telephone conversation with a MS Support agent, who determined that I can safely remove the Windows 7 folders. I'll never know what created them, but a reboot of my computer after removing the folder went properly, with no new folder created.

As for Backup and Restore (Windows 7) in Control Panel, he informed me that that will be replaced by a forthcoming Wndows 10 update with a Control Panel entry for Windows 10.

:)

Not Myself, Aug 24, 2015

2. Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

Who are you and what have you done with ScottHolzrichter?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 24, 2015
  3. bakontrk Win User
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

You must be joking!

bakontrk, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Backup and Restore Windows 7?

1. Backup and Restore Windows 7? - Similar Threads - Backup Restore

2. Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc: Hi,can anyone tell me the quickest/best way to backup my files from my desktop Win10 computer to my ext hdd?.... :) Approx 360gb's worth. And h-o-w to find out the size of the RAM on my computer as well? Plus h-o-w to find out wether I've got Win10 'home' Or...
  3. How can I restore a Windows 7 backup to a computer with different hardware?

How can I restore a Windows 7 backup to a computer with different hardware?: I had to have my Surface Pro 4 replaced due a faulty battery. I used the Windows 7 Backup & Restore to backup my computer to an external hard drive. When I went to the Microsoft Store, they exchanged it for a Surface Pro 5 with a better CPU instead! That was pretty cool -...
  4. Backup/Restore reports non-zero backup size when there is no backup

Backup/Restore reports non-zero backup size when there is no backup: Trying to delete all backups from a drive. Now it says There are no data file backups for this computer on this drive. AND There are no system images for this computer on this drive. And yet the Manage Space tool still reports a System image size of 50 GB. How can I...
  5. File History: Sees my external SSD used for backup but says no files to restore from

File History: Sees my external SSD used for backup but says no files to restore from: Thank everyone in advance for your time! Due to a hardware issue and to declutter my system, I had to do a full, ground-up reinstallation of Windows 10 (64bit). My account/ID name was (for example) "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I was also the only...
  6. How to Verify Windows Image Backup Restore in a Dual Boot PC?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Verify Windows Image Backup Restore in a Dual Boot PC?: I am dual booting Win 8.1 Pro (original) with Win 10 Pro (Added) on a single Samsung SSD on my desktop PC. The default OS for boot up is Win 10 Pro, however I usually work in Win 8.1 Pro by manually switching to it at the blue boot menu at startup. As the rule, Windows always...
  7. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  8. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  9. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  10. Restore Windows 10 Professional backup to Windows 10 Home

Restore Windows 10 Professional backup to Windows 10 Home: I purchased a Surface Go to replace my Surface Pro 3. Is it possible to create a backup from the Pro (source) and restore it to the Go (destination) without bricking the device in the process?...