Windows 10: Backup and Restore Windows 7?

Discus and support Backup and Restore Windows 7? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 29Jul2105, and that day I created a System Image Backup on both computers. On Sunday , on the desktop of both computers, I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Not Myself, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Backup and Restore Windows 7?

I installed Windows 10 29Jul2105, and that day I created a System Image Backup on both computers. On Sunday , on the desktop of both computers, I found a folder named Windows 7, created 02Aug2015; I have no idea how thye were created.

A short while ago, I opened Control Panel, to create a new System Image; to my disgust, I found the entry is "Backup and Restore (Windows 7.) I tried to run it anyway, but it failed, as it could not find the file (whatever file that might have been.) If I go to MS Support, the computers are identified as using Windows 10.

I have a thread on MS Community about the folder, which received a reply from someone purporting to be a MS engineer; I provided the requested information, but since then, a week later, no further communication.

It looks to me as though that folder is creating a serious problem, and I don't have any idea what to do about it, and now I cannot create any new system images.

Help earnestly solicited. (I shall refrain from commenting that I am tired of fighting Windows 10 problems.)

[Edit] Today, I had an excellent telephone conversation with a MS Support agent, who determined that I can safely remove the Windows 7 folders. I'll never know what created them, but a reboot of my computer after removing the folder went properly, with no new folder created.

As for Backup and Restore (Windows 7) in Control Panel, he informed me that that will be replaced by a forthcoming Wndows 10 update with a Control Panel entry for Windows 10.

:)

Not Myself, Aug 24, 2015

2. Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

Who are you and what have you done with ScottHolzrichter?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 24, 2015
  3. bakontrk Win User
    Windows 7 Backup and Restore (“Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”)

You must be joking!

bakontrk, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Backup and Restore Windows 7?

1. Backup and Restore Windows 7? - Similar Threads - Backup Restore

2. Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...: Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option in one of my partition drives in Windows 11. Please tell me how can I delete it?...
  3. Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...: Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option in one of my partition drives in Windows 11. Please tell me how can I delete it?...
  4. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  5. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  6. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?: I don't really use OneDrive, so I thought of using the "Create a restore point" service to back up my files. Will this be a good alternative, though?...
  7. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?: I don't really use OneDrive, so I thought of using the "Create a restore point" service to back up my files. Will this be a good alternative, though?...
  8. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...
  10. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...