Windows 10: Backup and Restore (Windows7)

Discus and support Backup and Restore (Windows7) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have used Backup and Restore (Windows 7) since Win 7. It is still in Control Panel but it doesn't work. It worked up until I installed 10240. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Gene, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Gene Win User

Backup and Restore (Windows7)

I have used Backup and Restore (Windows 7) since Win 7. It is still in Control Panel but it doesn't work. It worked up until I installed 10240. If I access settings, backup it is listed as an alternative to file history but it still basically doesn't go anywhere.
    Is this a problem with my setup or has Microsoft eliminated this valuable utility?

:)

2. Backup & Restore (windows7)

All modern hard disk drives monitor their own performance, its called S.M.A.R.T. If this system decided that the disk is about to fail, it gives a warning message. It is probably wise to heed this message and replace the disk. I have jsut been through this.

Also, there is free PC software called BeLarc Advisor, which will display a report about your PC, including the SMART status of your hard drives. It also shows, among many other things, the keys to your MS software including Windows .

DonKennedyDY, Jul 16, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Backup & Restore (windows7)

It's for people who made backups with Windows 7 and want to restore them on Windows 10.

When a feature is deprecated (techie term for discontinued or replaced) Windows often provides a way for people who were using the old feature to transition to its replacement

BulldogXX, Jul 16, 2015
Thema:

Backup and Restore (Windows7)

1. Backup and Restore (Windows7) - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Windows7

2. Restore Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Backup: I have a backup made by Windows10 Home. I have changed my hard drive and done a clean install of Win10. Now I can see the backup in Win Explorer but can't see it in Recover Files. Why is that?...
  3. Backup error code: 0x8100002F windows7 Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup error code: 0x8100002F windows7 Backup: Error code : 0x8100002F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-error-code-0x8100002f-windows7-backup/b340cd6b-6a86-4a6c-b9d2-24f738c32be2"
  4. Create / restore disk image in windows7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create / restore disk image in windows7: I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with the other one being Windows 7 os. I was expecting the other one being restored as well. Instead i got a blank partition where...
  5. Dell backup and restore

Dell backup and restore: Dell backup and restore has been running for 14 hours, is something wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-backup-and-restore/a31854b5-8606-409a-a1c7-d6491372a9ef
  6. Backup and restore

Backup and restore: Hi, How and when would you use backup and restore on the IT systems using the windows 10 operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-and-restore/bd662f36-c19a-44cd-b2ca-8c5d1a49ef60
  7. Backup and Restore Error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Error: Just bought a new Windows 10, Office 2016, Ultra HD Lenovo computer. Already having issues, surprise surprise! Not only are there scaling/blurry issues with some apps, but Windows Backup and Restore is displaying the following error: The semaphore timeout period has...
  8. Backup and Restore not working

Backup and Restore not working: I am using pre rtm build with all updates installed. I can't get backup and restore to complete a system image. It fails with message about failure in preparing the backup. Does it work for anyone? 9128
  9. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...
  10. Restoring backup

Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393