Windows 10: Backup and restore with Onedrive

Discus and support Backup and restore with Onedrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently was fixing my partner's laptop drive via hooking it up to my PC. I was trying to format the laptop's drive and in the process I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shawn Pup Buster, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Backup and restore with Onedrive

I recently was fixing my partner's laptop drive via hooking it up to my PC. I was trying to format the laptop's drive and in the process I also formatted my P c's drive. But luckily within the last 2 weeks prior to the formatting, I was finally able to use my OneDrive associated with my college account as a backup location for windows 10. But I cannot seem to figure out how to restore from that breakup created. To give a little more information: Once I got my PC back up and running after the formatting, I used my personal live.com email address to sign in period.then realizing I needed to log in my school account because that's where the backup is, windows will not let me sign in to that office 365 account as my windows profile stating "that account does not exist" but it surely does ...ad i'm still a current student. I'm also not able to remember how I got it to work recently when I did that backup. I am able to log in to my school OneDrive account either through an Internet browser or through the OneDrive app, but I cannot figure out how to log in correctly to get this done or how to restore from that backup created on that OneDrive. Please help

:)

Shawn Pup Buster, Jul 11, 2018
  2. kernrsn Win User

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Jul 11, 2018
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Backup and restore with Onedrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Backup and restore with Onedrive

1. Backup and restore with Onedrive - Similar Threads - Backup restore Onedrive

2. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  3. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  4. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore: So I am trying to use Windows backup and restore tool on my Sony Vaio laptop and I can't get it to work someone please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/82ca9cbf-e2a1-4116-83d7-002735c2c3be
  6. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Why can't I run a system image backup on my new Windows 11 HP laptop. only 60 gb used on 476gb ssd? My external Hard drive has 841gb free, yet the back up stops saying there isn't enough room to create backup because of VSS doesn't have enough space? how much space does it...
  7. Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore: Windows backup failed. I am attaching screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/7edd6d5a-3d6b-4840-a0af-eb95d5170697
  8. Restoring to a new PC using the OneDrive backup

Restoring to a new PC using the OneDrive backup: Hi, my files backed up into OneDrive, using this "Backup Important PC Files" function of OneDrive. Now I got a fresh install new PC and want to restore that data. Actually I want to setup OneDrive that it simply syncs down the files into the same space as they have been...
  9. backup and restore

backup and restore: Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/102cb00f-7a92-443f-986c-01090b36d99d
  10. Restoring backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393