Windows 10: backup and restore

Discus and support backup and restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jack Smook, Jan 30, 2020.

1. backup and restore

Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive?

:)

Jack Smook, Jan 30, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jan 30, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

backup and restore

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

backup and restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

backup and restore

1. backup and restore - Similar Threads - backup restore

2. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  3. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  4. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  5. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  6. I cannot restore my microsoft money backup, it does not recognize the password after a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot restore my microsoft money backup, it does not recognize the password after a...: I cannot restore my microsoft money backup, it does not recognize the password after a windows 11 restoration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-restore-my-microsoft-money-backup-it-does/7529be63-c1d3-40ca-b7cd-fa0fe340649d
  7. I cannot restore my microsoft money backup, it does not recognize the password after a...

I cannot restore my microsoft money backup, it does not recognize the password after a...: I cannot restore my microsoft money backup, it does not recognize the password after a windows 11 restoration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-restore-my-microsoft-money-backup-it-does/7529be63-c1d3-40ca-b7cd-fa0fe340649d
  8. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  9. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  10. Power outage forced me to reinstall windows 11, now Backup and Restore will not work

Power outage forced me to reinstall windows 11, now Backup and Restore will not work: Shortest story I can tell:My original problem was a Power outage resulted in my computer being unable to boot past the log in screen. So I needed to reinstall Windows 11 on my C: Drive. But before I came to that conclusion I attempted several methods to diagnose and restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup and restore in windows 10