Windows 10: Backup and sync files between two computers

Discus and support Backup and sync files between two computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a recommended solution for setting up an automated back-up system between a Windows 10 Desktop and a Windows 10 Laptop? I have both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sandy_Robinson, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Backup and sync files between two computers

Hi,

Is there a recommended solution for setting up an automated back-up system between a Windows 10 Desktop and a Windows 10 Laptop? I have both machines connected on the home Wifi network and I hope to be able to work on files on the laptop that would have changes automatically reflected on the desktop - and of course, vice versa. The internet connection to the outside world that I have isn't too strong, so unfortunately, putting documents in the cloud isn't too practical. I do have the home network set-up so that I can see - and access - the other machine's files instantaneously.

Is there some recommended software - or perhaps a setting already built in - to achieve this synchronicity over the two computers?

Thanks for any help!

***Original title: Back-Up System between laptop and desktop***

:)

Sandy_Robinson, Jan 7, 2019
  2. techbuzz Win User

Sync files to all computers?

I want to be able to sync my files to all my computers. Does anyone know of any good applications that I can purchase in order to get this done?

Maybe something similar to MobileMe, but better and for PC?

techbuzz, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Backup and sync files between two computers

File Sync Software Needed

Hey guys.

At work, my boss provides people with a few different sync software packages for backups and multi-system setups, namely Carbonite and SugarSync. He'd like to know if there's one available that can sync multiple user accounts at once (i.e. Sync User B while User A is logged on) so that customers can have a "hot standby machine" in the event that their main machine goes wrong.
    At present, the software we provide only syncs the account that is currently logged on. If their main machine goes wrong, the customer is required to wait several hours for their files to sync on the backup machine. This poses problems, as some of our customers run businesses and will need access to their files ASAP.

Cheers in advance.

Red_Machine, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Backup and sync files between two computers

1. Backup and sync files between two computers - Similar Threads - Backup sync files

2. Microsoft account syncing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account syncing between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops with the same Microsoft account, and one crashed before I could clear out some private documents -- it can't be accessed or even turned on at all. If I delete documents on the working laptop -- the two are supposed to be in sync -- will they also be...
  3. USING ONEDRIVE TO SYNC BETWEEN TWO LAPTOPS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USING ONEDRIVE TO SYNC BETWEEN TWO LAPTOPS: I use several Word and Excel documents on my laptop at work and continually revise/update them throughout the day. I recently purchased a new laptop for home and want to be able to work on these documents both at work and at home. Am trying to learn OneDrive in order to...
  4. How to sync a folder between two laptops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to sync a folder between two laptops?: Hi everyone, I have two laptops, Laptop A and Laptop B. I use Laptop A for working from home and Laptop B is mainly for Netflix as it also works as a tablet. Is it possible to sync my work from Laptop A to Laptop B? OneDrive doesn't work on Laptop A so I am unable to use...
  5. Windows 10 Sync between two computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sync between two computers: Hello! When you go to Settings --> Account --> Sync Your Settings, what EXACTLY gets synced between two computers for example? Does this work like Windows 7 Transfer Wizard used to which I loved and never had a problem with? Are programs synced over to the new computer? What...
  6. Clipboards not syncing between my two computers.

Clipboards not syncing between my two computers.: I upgraded both mine and my wife's computer, which sits next to mine, to Version 1903 today. I followed the directions exactly to be able to copy from one computer and then go to the clipboard history on the other computer and then paste onto it. However when I copy...
  7. Two computer backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Two computer backups: I'm backing up 2 computers (desktop and laptop) to the same outboard hard drive using File History. It seems as though the last backup from computer 'B' overwrites the earlier backup from computer 'A' in the file history folder. Is it possible to have File History back up to...
  8. How to sync files between home computers?

How to sync files between home computers?: I have two computers at home, they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Is there a way to automatically sync files between these two computers? I want to continue the work with the file I started on the other machine....
  9. How to sync files between two computers?

How to sync files between two computers?: Please recommend in-built options available in Windows 10 that I can use to sync files between two PCs through a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-files-between-two-computers/9ca54b38-cfc2-476d-9559-2675dfd682c4
  10. Syncing Themes Between Computers

Syncing Themes Between Computers: How do you sync themes between computers? Sometimes it seems to happen automatically, and sometimes it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes-between-computers/c2158630-5828-41de-805d-410164c920cd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync files on two computers

2. How to back up or sync between 2 pcs

3. win 10 backup files between two computers

4. backup and sync google drive betwenn two windows 10 machines