Windows 10: Backup and Windows activation question

Discus and support Backup and Windows activation question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I activate Windows 10 and then load a backup from when I did not have Windows activated what happens?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bekario, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Bekario Win User

Backup and Windows activation question

If I activate Windows 10 and then load a backup from when I did not have Windows activated what happens?

:)

Bekario, Sep 23, 2020

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Backup and Windows activation question

Question about Windows activation

Question about Windows activation after MoBo change

Im thinking of changing my motherboard, will I still be able to reinstall my genuine Windows XP Home Edition and activate it with Micro$oft, or is a new motherboard classed as a new PC *Confused Backup and Windows activation question :confused:

HookeyStreet, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Backup and Windows activation question

1. Backup and Windows activation question - Similar Threads - Backup activation question

2. Windows Backup app questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup app questions: Hello everyone!With the recent Windows 10 update I believe “Windows 10 22H2 KB5030211”, Microsoft added a new app which automatically installed on my PC, called Windows Backup. Personally, I am against Microsoft installing new software without my knowledge, and I have two...
  3. Windows Backup app questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup app questions: Hello everyone!With the recent Windows 10 update I believe “Windows 10 22H2 KB5030211”, Microsoft added a new app which automatically installed on my PC, called Windows Backup. Personally, I am against Microsoft installing new software without my knowledge, and I have two...
  4. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  5. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  6. Question on backups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on backups: I am currently backing up data from my computer via Win7 Backup and Restore and I can see that my backup drive is beginning to get a little clogged up. Is there a way or a tool to compare two existing backup files and delete duplicate info to save space on the backup drive?...
  7. Windows 10 Backup question:

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Backup question:: In my previous life as a Windows 7 user I had used Syncback to mirror my two external hard drives at the end of each week, this meant that I always had a drive that was being used for my work and a drive that retained my almost up to date files. Now that I have moved to...
  8. Windows Backup & Restore Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup & Restore Question: I wonder if automatic concurrent backups get faster after the initial backup is completed via adjusting the files from the initial backup? Or does it make a completely new copy every time it backs up files? I can't seem to find an answer to this question by searching....
  9. Windows Backup question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Backup question: Hi, I want to backup windows and was wondering if "Back up using file history" would backup everything. Such as Windows 10 it self, or would I need to make an image backup? And if I need to make an image backup can I do it using a USB?...
  10. Backup question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup question: In Windows 10, under All Settings, Update and Security, there is Backup. I usually select Windows 7 Backup and Restore. What does this backup? Does anyone here know? Thank you. 155985