Windows 10: Backup application from corrupted windows

Discus and support Backup application from corrupted windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sir, my windows 10 is corrupted and I was unable to start window including safe mode can I create a backup of installed app or application on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HIMADRIDAS2, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Backup application from corrupted windows

Sir, my windows 10 is corrupted and I was unable to start window including safe mode can I create a backup of installed app or application on my computer.

:)

HIMADRIDAS2, Jan 28, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 28, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Geekoid Win User

Backup application from corrupted windows

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Backup application from corrupted windows

1. Backup application from corrupted windows - Similar Threads - Backup application corrupted

2. Windows backup application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup application: Hello,Latest windows update09.23 gave us new backup application. When i open it it says: "This feature is not supported by your organization".How can i make it accessible to company employees?...
  3. Windows backup application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup application: Hello,Latest windows update09.23 gave us new backup application. When i open it it says: "This feature is not supported by your organization".How can i make it accessible to company employees?...
  4. Windows backup application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. corrupted desktop application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupted desktop application: how can I fix corrupted desktop application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-desktop-application/50034054-0cce-42ef-ad62-5d8fe3fe42d1
  6. Cannot remove corrupt backup copy of C:\ProgramData from backup volume

Cannot remove corrupt backup copy of C:\ProgramData from backup volume: I used available special folder options in Robocopy to try to backup the full contents of C:\ProgramData to K:\ProgramData. The process seemed to be working at first, but eventually aborted with an error. Looking at the result, K:\ProgramData was created, but so too was an...
  7. Backup My Applications?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup My Applications?: After two year of Feature Update failures and struggles with OOBE, I finally managed a clean install of W10 1909 from .iso. My files are in OneDrive and Dropbox, but reinstalling all my applications is a pain. Is there any way to backup just my applications, not Windows...
  8. Backup My Applications?

Backup My Applications?: After two year of Feature Update failures and struggles with OOBE, I finally managed a clean install of W10 1909 from .iso. My files are in OneDrive and Dropbox, but reinstalling all my applications is a pain. Is there any way to backup just my applications, not Windows...
  9. Windows 10 Application and data Backup

Windows 10 Application and data Backup: I would like to back up my data and applications on windows 10 computer, then reinstall windows 10 operating system clean(Latest version). Can I use the back up and restore applet from win 10? TO back up applications and data then reinstall on same hardware, new OS? Thanks...
  10. Corrupted application

Corrupted application: I recently installed iTunes on my PC from the windows store, the first time I used it, it launched fine. After I once restarted my PC it didn't launch anymore, I tried to remove the program and it did uninstall but it still shows up in my search bar. When I try to reinstall...