Windows 10: Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem?

Discus and support Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I attempt to backup my computer with the windows 10 upgrade I get an error message: an internal error has occurred - the specified resource can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ianmac, Aug 28, 2015.

1. ianmac Win User

Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem?

When I attempt to backup my computer with the windows 10 upgrade I get an error message:
    an internal error has occurred - the specified resource can not be found in the image file(0x80070716)

Does anybody know what this means?

I have virtual drives E: F: G: H: and someone told me that these are no longer accepted in Windows 10.

Can I fix the problem by creating files E, F, G, and H in my C: drive and move each virtual drive into its related file? It will be a gigantic task, but if I am likely to succeed with backing up eventually it would be worth it.

So far I hate the Windows 10 upgrade, and wish I had never done it. I've wasted a whole afternoon on it so far.

:)

ianmac, Aug 28, 2015

2. error code: 0x80090005

I am reposting this since I still have not found a workable solution:

In attempting to backup my Windows 10 HP Omen computer, I received a Bad Data message,

error code: 0x80090005. I have seen this error on other aspects, but not for a backup error. I need to backup my C drive and D (data drive) on two different external drives. This has happened repeatedly.

I have tried two other external drives. This is driving me CrAzY. HELP!!!!!!!!

HawkScarbrough, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Gwen101 Win User
    How do I stop persistent Windows 10 File Backup -- it is not turned on

Windows backup has continually failed since the November Windows 10 upgrade, and in the process, used a terabyte of space for the corrupted files. Therefore, after multiple attempts to solve the problem, I deleted them and turned off Windows backup and
    used another program instead.

Then, despite that it was turned off, win10 started giving me pop messages saying my backup drive was disconnected -- it was not. I could not find a way to stop the the pop ups, so I relented and ran windows backup manually, hoping it would leave me alone
    afterwards. Now, although the files are there taking up a lot of space in the backup drive, Windows is still giving the same pop-ups, but, worse, despite that backups are not scheduled, it is now telling me they will be saved to my hard drive until my backup
    drive is connected (but it is connected -- I can copy to it easily, and so can other programs)

Because of this strange error, which it only perceives as an error, It's wearing out my SSD! (not the hard drive)

How do I prevent this? I just want it to stop running! Aside from not scheduling it, what can I do?

Thank you!

Gwen101, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem?

1. Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem? - Similar Threads - Backup attempt error

2. Backup error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup error message: Weekly, I run a system backup. I always receive the message Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jacsd\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002. The folder is empty.Is this something to be concerned about?...
  3. Backup error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup error message: Weekly, I run a system backup. I always receive the message Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jacsd\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002. The folder is empty.Is this something to be concerned about?...
  4. Windows giving me a drive error message after multiboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows giving me a drive error message after multiboot: Well Windows is not my favorite but I have had my Android x86 install randomly break out of nowhere. At first, I thought might be a bad iso-image but today I reinstalled it and when I am working on my Windows Install I randomly get an error message that Windows needs to...
  5. backup error messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup error messages: After each back up I get the message "Last backup was canceled" but the backup appears to be ok. how can I stop the error message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-error-messages/1c236f1d-c602-48eb-a1c5-bc5ff2c92d1d
  6. Printer giving me an error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer giving me an error message: I have a Brother HL-L2390DW laser printer. It was working fine but after a Windows 10 Update, it is not printing anymore. Everything shows as printer working and connected but no printing. Please advise asap....
  7. Installings gives me an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...
  8. Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files: When I try to backup files to my Seagate Portable Expansion Drive, why do I get the following messages: "Error Notepad" "The backup completed but some files were missed" "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser1\Contacts....
  9. Ghost Drive giving me problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost Drive giving me problems: I have a drive partition that shows under This PC that I call a "Ghost Drive" because it doesn't show up in Computer Manager with other drives. I connected a Seagate 3TB external drive thru a Seagate 4TB drive with hub. I was having trouble with the 3TB because of a conflect...
  10. Ghost Drive giving me problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Drive giving me problems: I have a drive partition that shows under This PC that I call a "Ghost Drive" because it doesn't show up in Computer Manager with other drives. I connected a Seagate 3TB external drive thru a Seagate 4TB drive with hub. I was having trouble with the 3TB because of a conflect...