Windows 10: Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop

Discus and support Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cant get my Authenticator to backup on Windows 10. I cant find help. Everything is about "devices" and nothing about the desktop version. I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bo Diddly, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Bo Diddly Win User

Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop

I cant get my Authenticator to backup on Windows 10. I cant find help. Everything is about "devices" and nothing about the desktop version. I went to the settings and tried to backup to my onedrive, but it never goes through for some reason. I would rather backup to a removable drive. Someone tell me the steps please?

:)

Bo Diddly, Mar 22, 2023
  2. XTL
    xTL Win User

How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Anydesk
    To use 2 step authenticator with anydesk go here

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 4 have very high security,
    Anydesk, Splashtop & teamviewer all have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticator.
    Personally i prefer radmin Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop :)

* Had to add Anydesk to my suggestion because it's just to good to leave out *

3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello Bill sorry for the late reply.

You said that you were recently infected with a ransomware virus & that it probably came through your open remote desktop, so yes it's a good idea to change remote software, & skip windows RDP & jump desktop*Smile

Change the software from Windows RDP & Jump Desktop to Teamviewer.
    Install teamviewer on all computers.
    Set up unattended access on the computers you wish to connect to.
    ( You can do this in the installation process or when teamviewer is installed @ Settings > Security )

Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop 200222d1534847784t-how-create-two-factor-authentication-remote-desktop-tea1.png

And make a teamviewer account ( if you haven't already done so *Smile )
    This will make it so that you can connect to them through a list ( Once your signed in )
    which is very convenient.

Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop 200223d1534847942t-how-create-two-factor-authentication-remote-desktop-tea2.png

Also don't forget to add the two step authentication.

Let me know how it went Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop :)
    // Mike

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop - Similar Threads - Backup Authenticator desktop

2. Unable restore Microsoft authenticator backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable restore Microsoft authenticator backup: I have been using the same backup on my Microsoft authenticator app for the past few months and every time it has restored successfully my accounts but this time it didn't because I changed my phone I don't know why this happened. I had turned on the cloud backup and it's...
  3. Unable restore Microsoft authenticator backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable restore Microsoft authenticator backup: I have been using the same backup on my Microsoft authenticator app for the past few months and every time it has restored successfully my accounts but this time it didn't because I changed my phone I don't know why this happened. I had turned on the cloud backup and it's...
  4. Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop

Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop: I cant get my Authenticator to backup on Windows 10. I cant find help. Everything is about "devices" and nothing about the desktop version. I went to the settings and tried to backup to my onedrive, but it never goes through for some reason. I would rather backup to a...
  5. Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Authenticator from a Windows 10 desktop: I cant get my Authenticator to backup on Windows 10. I cant find help. Everything is about "devices" and nothing about the desktop version. I went to the settings and tried to backup to my onedrive, but it never goes through for some reason. I would rather backup to a...
  6. Prevent Remote Desktop Client from defaulting to Windows Hello for authentication

Prevent Remote Desktop Client from defaulting to Windows Hello for authentication: Windows 10 computers that are enrolled into Azure AD / Intune are setup to use Window Hello for Business so users can log in using PINs or biometric devices i.e. fingerprint or facial recognition.When the user then try to use the Remote Desktop Client to access Remote Desktop...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator backup not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator backup not working: HiI have setup Microsoft Authenticator exactly one month before. I have added 3 2FA accounts as of yesterday and added 2 more today. I wanted to check how good the backup is working as the accounts I'm adding in 2FA are rising. I installed Authenticator in another mobile...
  8. Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC: Hi, everyone, I hope you all are enjoying your day so far; I would love your help: I just recently got a new laptop, and I need to get an authenticator program working on my computer that resembles Microsoft Authenticator since obviously Microsoft hasn't released the...
  9. Authentication in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Authentication in Remote Desktop: I have 3 computers, all up to date with Win 10.0.18363. All three have different login IDs thanks to the idiotic way that Windows installs without asking you what to use. I can use Remote Desktop from system 1 or 2 to get to system 3; I can use 2 or 3 to get to system 1....
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop authentication issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 remote desktop authentication issues: I cannot connect to my Windows 10 PC system version 2004 19041.84 with another computer. I use Microsoft. Network access in Group Policy: Local account sharing and security model have been set to classic. The problem is that I use it correctly Username and password but I was...