Windows 10: backup data

Discus and support backup data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ravirajsavaliya, Sep 14, 2019.

1. backup data

i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ?

:)

ravirajsavaliya, Sep 14, 2019
  2. arens Win User

[WPSL] Backup app data

Hi All,

I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app in the store for quite some time now. I recently noticed that the automatic backup for my app doesn't work.

• The app is listed in my phones (W10M) backup options and automatic backup is enabled
    • Disable automatic backup is not checked in the WMAppManifest.xml
    • Setting "Windows can include this product’s data in automatic backups to OneDrive." in the Dev Center is checked
    • All of the apps data is written to Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder
    • Using ISETool I'm able to get all the data
    What am I possibly missing here?

Note: This question was posted in the MSDN forums before but MSFT suggested to post this here:

MSDN forum article

Regards,

Stephan

arens, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile backup data :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile backup data :)

Mussels, Sep 25, 2019
  4. backup data

Data Backup

RAID is so often misunderstood. It offers only the following:

1./ Faster disk system, and/or
    2./ Additional "redundant" HDDs, so if one HDD fails, a copy of the data is still there. The RAID system automatically recovers.

As Dan said, that is a live copy, NOT BACKUP. If you delete or overwrite a file it's GONE! If the server catches fire, has a brown out, or is stolen, the data is GONE!

You need a physically seperate backup system.

The simplest system is a NAS (basically a cut down server that only does filesharing). You then run a backup overnight when the network isnt busy.

Alternatively, use a USB or Firewire 1TB HDD and connect it to the server and run a backup of key folders.

**NOTE**
    Do read up on good backup practice. It is a good idea to use grandfathering techniques, and for most people, NOT to backup every night, but once or week. Reason: your *new* backup overwrites an old backup. But only after the backup, you realise you need to recover from the old backup. Data lost, unless you grandfather.

It is more likely that a user error will mean that you need to go back to the archive to recover files, than due to hardware failure. Therefore, plan your backup strategy accordingly.

lemonadesoda, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

backup data

1. backup data - Similar Threads - backup data

2. I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows: I am stuck in an blue screen and restart loop, unable to boot my windows , ive tried everything. Now hp support has reccomended me to reinstall windows but i want to backup my app data roaming folder which is not accessible through troubleshoot>cmd prompt>notepad...
  3. I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to backup app data roaming folder without booting up in windows: I am stuck in an blue screen and restart loop, unable to boot my windows , ive tried everything. Now hp support has reccomended me to reinstall windows but i want to backup my app data roaming folder which is not accessible through troubleshoot>cmd prompt>notepad...
  4. I was moving backup data from one PC to another but the new PC will not let me install it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was moving backup data from one PC to another but the new PC will not let me install it.: Hi, I need help, please? I was backing up my Windows 10 with the Windows system image. I was moving backup data from one PC to another to my horror the new PC will not let me install it. One it keeps saying it was downloaded with a PC using bios and this PC is using EFI....
  5. Backup data to a differnce microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup data to a differnce microsoft account.: Hey there!So im trying to backup all data from my latop to microsoft onedrive. Currently, i have 1 free account that is the main account registered to my laptop and a uni account linked to my main account. I want to backup to my uni account but cant find the option to switch...
  6. Backup data to a differnce microsoft account.

Backup data to a differnce microsoft account.: Hey there!So im trying to backup all data from my latop to microsoft onedrive. Currently, i have 1 free account that is the main account registered to my laptop and a uni account linked to my main account. I want to backup to my uni account but cant find the option to switch...
  7. I can't restore my data backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't restore my data backup: Hi,I made a backup of my data then did a clean win 10 install. Now I can't restore the backup because apparently I don't have enough disk space in desktop. How can I restore to the original locations?I know the original locations were on another instalation but just restoring...
  8. I can't restore my data backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't restore my data backup: Hi,I made a backup of my data then did a clean win 10 install. Now I can't restore the backup because apparently I don't have enough disk space in desktop. How can I restore to the original locations?I know the original locations were on another instalation but just restoring...
  9. I can't restore my data backup

10. I lost my backup code data for authenticate my Twitter accounts. Can you help me to restore...

I lost my backup code data for authenticate my Twitter accounts. Can you help me to restore...: i lost my backup code data for authonticate my Twitter accounts the is 8 number of Twitter account can you help me to restore my backup code * Moved from Community Center* Original title: authontication recovery code...